Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guidebooks for alternative printmaking

Guidebooks for alternative printmaking

Hi Adrian,

Another alternative printmaking process you may find interesting is lith printing. Don't get confused with lith negatives used in the graphic arts industry, this is quite different. This process can produce beautiful, delicate tones which can have the same subtle effects as platinum, as well as quite graphic effects or anything inbetween.

An excellent reference and "how to" book is Tim Rudman's, "The Master Photographer's Lith Printing Course" published by Argentum - London.

Kind regards

Peter Brown

Adrian, If Pd/Pt printing is the primary goal, get The New Platimum Print by Sullivan and Weese, then follow this with the Dick Arentz book later. The Sullivan/Weese book gets you started right away, and you can buy all the chemicals discussed from Bostick & Sullivan if you choose. The Arentz book is in some ways more detailed, but not nearly as good a first intro. At least in my opinion.

I recently picked up the books mentioned above, The New Platinum Print, Dick Arentz's Pt book and The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes. All are excellent resources. I am really enjoying Carl Weese's book at the moment it is a very interesting and well thought out read and specific to Pt/Pd work. I recommend all three!

Greetings,

I found the URL that I was referring to; it's David M. Kennedy's site and you can find it here: http://www.davidmichaelkennedy.com/

Davis has much info on his site regarding Pt/Pd printing and it's well worth reading.

Regards,