Quote Originally Posted by Mike Anderson View Post
One thing not mentioned yet here is google images. I don't know if google images gets one more exposure (assuming that's the object) than Flickr or Picassa, but if I were assigned to look for a nameless image I'd go first to google images.

An advantage of leveraging google images is that when someone clicks on an image found in google images it takes them to the page where the image resides (the page is within a frame), so you wouldn't have to insert references back to your website as you would in Flickr.

Of course there's no reason you can't put images on Flickr and leverage google images.

...Mike
On my flickr page I have a simple snapshot taken with a DSLR of a Maryland Blue Crab sitting on a pier after I caught it. I never intended to market that shot in anyway it was just a snap shot on a crabbing trip with my son.

Anyway that picture gets around 100 hits a day from people uaing Yahoo and Google Images looking for blue crab pictures, and I have sold quite a few copies from it everything from a text book, to a travel website from another state.

I have another photographer friend who likes to take flower and/or insect macros with her DSLR gear. She uploads everything to flickr and tags each shot with the latin and common names of the flowers. These tags get picked up by google images and she gets lots of traffic and a few sales from doing so