I am looking for advice on choosing an 8x10 B&W film to standardize on.

Currently I have two boxes of Tri-X 320, my first two boxes of 8x10 film. I have used this film for some time, in smaller formats. Now, I am a bit concerned about future availability of this particular emulsion. (we can avoid the discussion of why I am concerned, but I expect it to be discontinued in the near future).

Normally, that would mean filling my freezer.

In this case, I am using a different process to develop 8x10 film from smaller formats, which means I am not wedded as much to the film of choice for those formats.

Would it be advisable to use something like Ilford FP4 as my go-to film for 8x10? How well does this film work with Rodinal at various concentrations? Is Efke PL 100 a better choice? (I have heard that HP5+ does not work well with low concentration rodinal) How about PMK?

I am not particularly interested in T-Max, nor Delta. I want to start with something that is fairly economical, and makes good quality negatives for contact printing. I have the intention of attempting some alternative processes using these negatives as a starting point, but no real firm goals at this point.