Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Re: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Quote Originally Posted by koraks View Post
    I did my first shots with the Schneider 75/8 I recently acquired. Being a big n00b, I completely failed to appreciate the small coverage of this lens. I was warned, absolutely, and I had looked up the coverage data and whatnot. But still, I just went ahead into the learning experience and I guess I learned a lesson alright. In this shot, it could probably be explained as a moderately benevolent characteristic of the image. Obviously, it's just a huge failure going on behind the camera

75/8, TMX, XTOL 1+1, 4990 scan
    Crop it square and you'll almost be good, My holga intermittently does this.
    Where is this? Looks like the same scenery as a flickr user I follow: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wjosna

Yeah, I'm considering that. Although I'd lose the sun from the frame and I really wanted to include it. Ah well, we all learn.

Looking at that flickr page, it certainly seems it's not too far away! This was taken on the beach at Katwijk, which is at the Dutch coast. The flickr guy is definitely in The Netherlands as well, so it can't be much further than 80 miles from where this shot was taken. Edit: whoops, apparently she's a 'she', my bad. And her location says Amsterdam, so yeah, pretty close. I don't live on the coast myself, btw.

I did my first shots with the Schneider 75/8 I recently acquired. Being a big n00b, I completely failed to appreciate the small coverage of this lens. I was warned, absolutely, and I had looked up the coverage data and whatnot. But still, I just went ahead into the learning experience and I guess I learned a lesson alright. In this shot, it could probably be explained as a moderately benevolent characteristic of the image. Obviously, it's just a huge failure going on behind the camera

Should have bought my 75mm grandagon-n

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

I like this
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

You are in best company. Look at the photographs of Jean Eugène Auguste Atget.
    Hendrik

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF-mistake.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	1225838x10" transparency 300mm georz gldring

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M Hostetter View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF-mistake.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	1225838x10" transparency 300mm georz gldring
    Interesting double exposure...

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

I agree Stone, I only hope that I shot more than one of this scene though.. One of my favorite

Lamar St, Austin TX
    by Wet Possum, on Flickr

Messed up the movements on this one pretty bad, but I like the composition and the moving cars.
    FP4+ in DD-X, I think it was about a 1 minute exposure.

Boardwalk010 by DevalJoshi, on Flickr

I went out this morning, missed the fog in the background by 10 minutes, and accidently had a full swing on the lens. Needless to say, the swing did soften some of the shadows. I think I'm going to go out again and try tomorrow but get there earlier.

Tmax 100/xtol 1:1