Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Re: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

new one from me..

Made a simple portrait of a student yesterday - for some reason her breasts are prefectly sharp - but not her face (where I focussed! I did!! I DID!! I did!!!!!... )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ilka.jpg  

Um, Gandolfi, old boy: her face is a little higher up...

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    but not her face (where I focussed! I did!! I DID!! I did!!!!!... )
    Yeah, right. Do you feel your nose getting longer (yes, I said your nose, Pinocchio).

Nice shot.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Cool Re: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    new one from me..

Made a simple portrait of a student yesterday - for some reason her breasts are prefectly sharp - but not her face (where I focussed! I did!! I DID!! I did!!!!!... )
    What is the problem.....

One of my first shots with my Razzle 900. After making the exposure of the motorcycle, the cable release was stuck in the open position and when I went to set the shutter for the next exposure it fired.

Devon Farmland Rollei IR Film

My first image from the Nagaoka Field Camera I recently purchased.

Very dissapointed with this image as I was using Rollei Infra-Red film and it does not look at all like an Infra-Red image. It was only after processing the film I realised that something was wrong and on checking my camera bag discovered that I had used a 1.2 ND filter instead of the 760nm Infra-Red filter that I meant to use.

This also means that the image was probably over exposed by a couple of stops as the exposure was 1/2 second at f22 using a Schneider 150mm f5.6 Symmar-S on a 4"x 5" Nagaoka Field Camera.

The film was processed Semi-Stand in Caffenol CL using my normal formula, time and temperature.

Another small mistake was not using a lenshood when the light was just out of picture left and there is a small section of noticeable flare on the RHS of the image which has lowered the contrast slightly.

Negative scanned on an Epson V750 at 2400dpi.

Devon Farmland Rollei IR Film by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	straight.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	75939
    Doesnt work. The too light background annoys me.

Here's what happens if you pull a Polaroid type 55 sheet through the rollers but don't peel it until long after it's dry. This is not my image, by the way. I was recently given a bunch of sheets of type 55 and this one was among them. I was shocked to peel it and see any image at all. I injured myself trying to expose the sheet because I could not for the life of me figure out why the paper sleeve wouldn't release from the holder to allow me to expose the film. Once that metal clip at the bottom of the sheet gets bent out of shape it can be sharp, and bending it back can be detrimental to the fleshy tip of your thumb, especially while muttering expletives under your breath in frustration. Let's just say I never dripped blood on my camera gear before. Note to self: bring a small first aid kit when photographing in the field. That, and make sure your Polaroid film has not been exposed and/or processed by the previous owner!

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post

Very dissapointed with this image as I was using Rollei Infra-Red film and it does not look at all like an Infra-Red image. It was only after processing the film I realised that something was wrong and on checking my camera bag discovered that I had used a 1.2 ND filter instead of the 760nm Infra-Red filter that I meant to use.

This also means that the image was probably over exposed by a couple of stops as the exposure was 1/2 second at f22 using a Schneider 150mm f5.6 Symmar-S on a 4"x 5" Nagaoka Field Camera.

The film was processed Semi-Stand in Caffenol CL using my normal formula, time and temperature.

Another small mistake was not using a lenshood when the light was just out of picture left and there is a small section of noticeable flare on the RHS of the image which has lowered the contrast slightly.

Hey, nice mistake!

Thumbs up Re: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post

Great "mistaken shot"!

Just a question, is it the scanner or the lens that makes the left side of the image a bit smoky? Just curious!

/z