Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When CS5?

When CS5?

Has anyone heard any rumors about when PS CS5 will be released?

Bruce

Re: When CS5?

We're all still trying to learn CS4!!!!!!!!

HA
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. Herman View Post
    Has anyone heard any rumors about when PS CS5 will be released?
    Either too soon, or not soon enough. Depending on what you need.

Bruce Watson

I find CS2 to be all I need. Never been a treadmill kind of guy but then again ignorance is bliss. If I don't know what I am missing then I don't miss it.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Just moments after you take the cellophane off your CS4 box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_P...elease_history

I think they are out of touch...
    A business model that requires it's customer base to repurchase every year or so, particularly a community hard hit by economic and technical evolution of the past decade or so, is foolhardy. Also, it's not working, friends of mine there have been laid off.
    We know what we need, and they don't approach us, but instead parcel out little changes we never needed, while moving menu items around and changing interface unnecessarily.
    I'm on 3 still, I've yet to see a reason to change that will pay for itself. ACR is it, particularly if you need support for a new camera...
    But hey, it's the large format list.

I say all this totally acknowledging the huge contribution Photoshop has made to the realization of my work... I hear 5 may actually be worth something, but I'll take some convincing.
    Tyler

Every 18 months after the previous version, Adobe will release another.

What is it about CS4 that you think needs to be improved?

Eric probably said all that needs to be said, he pretty much nailed it. I suspect that Photoshop 5.5 did all I really need. For that matter Version 4, the first one I used, probably did. But I keep upgrading. Each time a new version comes out I say I won't get it but then I start reading and talking to people and I end up buying the new version right around the time the next version comes out. I debated a long time (by Photoshop standards) before upgrading to CS4 because I didn't think it would be worth the money but I have to say I'm glad I did, I like a lot of the changes they made with it.

To not answer the OP's question, I don't know. I keep hearing that it's imminent, like within the next month or two, but that's not from anyone who knows much more than I do. And since I know nothing that means they know next to nothing.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jeez, What's with all the negativity lately on this board? It was a very simple question of WHEN it might be released.

But since we all seem to be in a curmudgeonly mood here, let me pile on some, though from a different perspective...

For starters, Photoshop is only one of a dozen or so applications that comprise one of the Creative Suites as Adobe calls them for the past four versions. Photographers are just a miniscule portion of all Photoshop users out there. And even then, the users of the type prevalent on this forum are but a tiny portion of the general population.

Don't you think it is incredibly arrogant not to mention myopic to question the need for upgrade of the entire suite of applications based on our little needs, which are fairly rudimentary compared to some other groups? Much less the entire business model, even though I do agree that they have been growing extremely arrogant themselves lately, especially in the customer relations and marketing departments.

Another easy question that threads like this inevitably invoke, one that I just asked in another group over in the Lounge the other day:

Why on Earth do you feel the need to comment on something you are apparently and self-professedly so disinterested in?

What's wrong with the usual good old fashioned bitchfest about films and labs dropping out like flies? Preferably over at APUG, help keep them running...

Gentlemen,

CS5 will introduce sixty-four bit architecture to the Mac world removing all legacy "Carbon" code for any PPC processor, new paint brushes, new blending algorithms, new tools, et al. The code for sixty-four bit architecture will be native "Cocoa" which translates into a paradigm shift for any Mac Intel based sixty-four bit machine, compared to the older "Carbon" code remnants from Photoshop 3.0, which should not to be confused with CS3. Once the shackles of Carbon code are released, a Mac Intel based computer will illustrate the application's new found speed, and the application's ability to acquire more accessible RAM...

Discussions are present, which suggest that CS5 will introduce a Flash SDK for the iPhone too, but it is not noted just yet as a certainty, where a broad spectrum of developers that develop Flash software for whatever reason, should be able to produce Flash files that will run natively on the iPhone, iTouch, and the iPad. Although Apple was reluctant to introduce a Flash environment to the iPhone in previous generations, Adobe developed a separate SDK which will open a totally new developer avenue, generating revenue for both companies...

jim k