Unfortunately, I just recv'd an email announcing this sad news. They were without a doubt one of the finest processors of LF transparencies...

Dear Friends,

For almost 40 years Barbara and I have immersed our selves in the business of photography. It has been fun, challenging, satisfying, enlightening, rough and tumble and no place for the faint of heart. We believe we have been a force in the world of photography and that our interest in and passion for imagery has helped novices and professionals to evolve and grow. The current business environment is tough in a way I have never seen before. The vast majority of our competitors are long gone from the market place, driven out by technological improvements and the ease of entry into inkjet printing, the rapid demise of film, constant downward pricing, and the general lack of discretionary income.

Calypso has been fortunate to survive for this long thanks to having always had a spectacular staff and brilliant clients. It is time now to raise the white flag and move on. We crave time to pursue a variety of other interests and passions- people to see and things to do. We want to travel, spend time with the kids, read, photograph, think deep thoughts and enjoy the sunshine.

Many thanks, Joe Levine