Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adox MCC 110

Re: Adox MCC 110

Nice test, Ed. I did a similar comparison between the Seagull and the Adox MC110, and everything you said fits everything I found. Although I didn't have too much problem with high values. That probably had to do with the negative I was using. And I tend to print by making test strips of the highlights I think are important and then dialing contrast in or out to get the blacks I want. I didn't try bleaching. Thanks for the heads up on that aspect.

An additional thing that I can point out is based on the fact that I used a Zone VI Variable Contrast cold light head. The MC110 responds "more briskly" to changes in filtration than does the Seagull. Moving the hard dial back two notches on the Adox made the print slightly softer, but not dramatically so. I couldn't see any change at all in the Seagull. I'm only guessing at this, but I'm thinking with the Adox, I get about a full extra grade of contrast over the Seagull.

I don't know if that is necessarily a belly buster of a difference. But I think fine-tuning a print is easier--for me anyway. I must say, that I liked the print color of both papers after selenium toning. The Seagull REQUIRES toning as far as I'm concerned. But once it's toned, it's beautiful. Adox looks good with our without.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Drew Wiley

So rainy around here this week that the prints are taking forever drying, but I'm getting lovely highlight detail on this paper as it dries down. No problem. But this was
    a Bergger 200 neg souped in pyro. Didn't even have to burn in with a softer filter.
    The published R&D curve looks like there's plenty of usable room.

Drew Wiley

Did I just say that -"R&D curve"? Ooops. H&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    So rainy around here this week that the prints are taking forever drying, but I'm getting lovely highlight detail on this paper as it dries down.
    Rainy, but sunny tomorrow!

My order is going in tonight. Perhaps I missed it, but has anyone commented on the paper surface?

Thanks,
    Merg

Drew Wiley

Seems a tad glossier than Seagull G or Forte Polygrad V. Nice smooth surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Seems a tad glossier than Seagull G or Forte Polygrad V. Nice smooth surface.
    Thanks Drew, I appreciate that; should have it before the weekend from Freestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Thanks Drew, I appreciate that; should have it before the weekend from Freestyle.
    I guess not, they show it out of stock. Does it only come in 25 sheet packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    I guess not, they show it out of stock. Does it only come in 25 sheet packs?
    So far, except for the 5-sheet 8x10 trial package, yes, only 25s. There's been a lot of clamor for 100-sheet boxes, but no definitive response from Adox on that.

While sorry you won't be able to try any this weekend, I see the "out of stock" situation as a positive indication that demand has been high. In my opinion, this paper is worth waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    So far, except for the 5-sheet 8x10 trial package, yes, only 25s. There's been a lot of clamor for 100-sheet boxes, but no definitive response from Adox on that.

While sorry you won't be able to try any this weekend, I see the "out of stock" situation as a positive indication that demand has been high. In my opinion, this paper is worth waiting for.
    Sal, thanks for the info. I checked with Freestyle this morning and they are getting back to me on a stocking date.

My timing has been bad, it was out of stock last time I tried to place an order. I hope that you are right about the demand, it sounds like a terrific paper.

Hi Merg

If your looking for 100 sheets of 8X10, you might consider the 16X20 and cut it down. Assuming you have a suitable cutter.

FWIW I really like this paper. It has replaced Oriental MG.

Hopefully Freestyle will figure out what they need to stock, and get 100 sheet boxes.

Chuck Wells