Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Shen Hao 4x5 prototype - Sinar compatible and 72-400mm range... All in a Field Camera

Lachlan 717

Re: Shen Hao 4x5 prototype - Sinar compatible and 72-400mm range... All in a Field Ca

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Lachlan, have you tried installing the Sinar single or double-fold wide-angle bellows? I wonder if they will fit inside the box without interference or distorting the front standard position, using a very short lens.

Rick "curious" Denney
    "Curious", if I might be so presumptuous and call you that, you have me stumped. Not sure the answer.

I'll try to post some more pictures later today of this camera with the bag on it. I'll also try to add some different angles and the back.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Re: Shen Hao 4x5 prototype - Sinar compatible and 72-400mm range... All in a Field Ca

Dear Lachlan;
    Thanks for the information. The lenses I'm using are not large or heavy but it is nice to be able to have that option. I'm eager to see your newest pictures of the camera. Jeff Badger wrote to me, indicating that the red bellows is available for the camera. Now all I have to do is convince my husband that I need another camera.
    Denise Libby

Lachlan 717

Here are the shots I promised recently. Bag Bellow attached, and some of the back of the camera...

Sorry for the delay and the quality!
    Lachlan.

Very interesting Lachlan! I'm impressed by both you and Mr Zhang's efforts in making these wonderful designs (including the TFC617) very affordable to the general public.

I'm in a process of convincing Fotoman to adapt some of my ideas into their current 612 and 617 cameras. Hopefully I will have the same good luck as you had with Shen-Hao

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 617 View Post
    Here are the shots I promised recently. Bag Bellow attached, and some of the back of the camera...

Sorry for the delay and the quality!

Please allow me to cite one of your pics again as a attachment.

Your camera has a quad extension as well. I think the extension and focusing mechanism are both essentially the same on the two cameras. Difference are the the bellow and the compatibility with Sinar boards, which was why I found similarity rather than identity.

That said, I don't doubt your effort in making this design very affordable and your innovation in making it accept Sinar boards. I could say the same with the TFC617 which I'm currently enjoying using, and is very similar to Ebony 617S.

In both cases, I appreciate your roles in making them available. Let's put aside any potential IP issue on the forum. After all, Ebony didn't invented the focusing and extension mechanisms - you can even find their prototypes in Zone VI and Linhof cameras.

I just Googled the 45SU.

I see very little in common with this camera.

For instance, this has a non-tapered bellow. It has a quad extension. It takes Sinar lens boards.

So, with respect, I don't know where you see the similarities.

Lachlan 717

Shadowleaves,

I stand unequivically corrected.

The images that I found of the Ebony didn't show this.

I'm off to get the humble pie out of the oven. Perhaps have some ice-cream with it...
    Lachlan.

Shadowleaves,

I stand unequivically corrected.

The images that I found of the Ebony didn't show this.

I'm off to get the humble pie out of the oven. Perhaps have some ice-cream with it...
    maybe with some fine wine and ... Cheers!

**** edited ***
    (ok, never mind, i saw the bellow is interchangeable)

I actually would prefer a linhof front standard if that'll make it a couple hundred grams lighter...but i guess that's away from your initial design objectives.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by shadowleaves View Post

By the way is the bellow interchangeable? if not, will there be any difficulties with using shift with wide angle lense on this camera?
    Shadowleaves,

One part of the design brief was to allow Sinar bellows. As such, this can take regular, extended and bag bellows.

If you have a look at the most recent photos, I have a shot or two with a Horseman bag bellow onboard. I primarily wanted this for my 72mm, and it works beautifully.

Speaking of the 72mm, I was using it over the weekend on the 617. Shot my first roll of Ilford Pan F with it. Truly spectacular film! The negs look absolutely fantastic; super sharp and bucket-loads of detail. I shot with a bit of rise and some tilt. No issue with the bellows on the 617!

Now, I just need to get my hands on some Pyro-MC and thaw out some Efke 25 to shoot with the 4x5...
    Lachlan.

Shadowleaves,

One part of the design brief was to allow Sinar bellows. As such, this can take regular, extended and bag bellows.

If you have a look at the most recent photos, I have a shot or two with a Horseman bag bellow onboard. I primarily wanted this for my 72mm, and it works beautifully.

Speaking of the 72mm, I was using it over the weekend on the 617. Shot my first roll of Ilford Pan F with it. Truly spectacular film! The negs look absolutely fantastic; super sharp and bucket-loads of detail. I shot with a bit of rise and some tilt. No issue with the bellows on the 617!

Now, I just need to get my hands on some Pyro-MC and thaw out some Efke 25 to shoot with the 4x5...
    So, SA 72mm XL can be used on the TFC617 which accepts linhof technika boards only? That's very interesting....I thought it wouldn't fit, just like the 90XL, but I guess I'm wrong.

Maybe I'll grab one when I have chance...

Lachlan 717

I still have a couple of mm behind the 72mm @ infinity. So, if ever a 65mm XL produced, it might fit!!

What an awesome lens...
    Lachlan.