Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPP Micromatic Enlarger....how much?

Re: MPP Micromatic Enlarger....how much?

Pete.
    Know what you mean about the bellows attatchment. I had an Omega auto focus enlarger - like the MPP in many ways - a D3 I think. It came with the bellows device. I tried to fit this on to the MPP, but no go. Good luck if you are looking for an MPP device! My only solution to the issue of running out of focusing movement was to alter the runners. I can now enlarge from 6x7, 6x9 and 5x4, with 100 and 150 lenses, to sizes from 10x8 to 40x30 without silly focusing problems. All I do is move the wheel on to a different track if focusing comes to a stop.
    I used to put a spacer between the little wheel and the circular cam to jack the lens closer to the neg, and now and again dislodge the big wheel from one of the 3 runners so the wheel casting touched the column to get more distance from neg to lens, but the only solution, I found, all round, was to alter the runners. They come off easy, and it's not too difficult to work out how to re-shape them. One just needed turning upside down, and the middle one needed some cutting out, and I didnt touch the smallest one.

Vanannan

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Littlewood View Post
    Pete.
    Know what you mean about the bellows attatchment. I had an Omega auto focus enlarger - like the MPP in many ways - a D3 I think. It came with the bellows device. I tried to fit this on to the MPP, but no go. Good luck if you are looking for an MPP device! My only solution to the issue of running out of focusing movement was to alter the runners. I can now enlarge from 6x7, 6x9 and 5x4, with 100 and 150 lenses, to sizes from 10x8 to 40x30 without silly focusing problems. All I do is move the wheel on to a different track if focusing comes to a stop.
    I used to put a spacer between the little wheel and the circular cam to jack the lens closer to the neg, and now and again dislodge the big wheel from one of the 3 runners so the wheel casting touched the column to get more distance from neg to lens, but the only solution, I found, all round, was to alter the runners. They come off easy, and it's not too difficult to work out how to re-shape them. One just needed turning upside down, and the middle one needed some cutting out, and I didnt touch the smallest one.
    That's pretty much the same as I remember doing to my Micromatic, I cannot check the detals a my mine was consigned to the attic years ago and would be very difficult to access, I now favour my Devere 504 and 108 enlargers mainly because of baseboard controls.

Hi Richard,
    Thanks for that. I've looked at that little wheel and circular cam from time to time and wondered....................
    I'm concentrating on contact printing at the moment but I'm going to need get a bit of enlarging done sometime. I have a couple of spare cams from a totally clapped out Micromatic I bought for £20 a year or so ago. When I say that it was totally knackered the cold light head was O.K., an electrician mate overhauled it for me so I have a spare head if needed.
    Thanks again,
    Pete.

I m want got buy a Durst M670 , http://www.paulpetterson.co.uk/www.s...?p=3&cat=63257
    I m living in china .If i can buy from this sate.
    Last edited by zuyu; 18-May-2010 at 00:42. Reason: Buy An Enlarger