Quote Originally Posted by mrladewig View Post
Having shot with both Astia and E100G, (and KR64 not 25) Astia seems to be a good match in the blues and neutrals, but the red and yellow on Astia are pretty flat in my experience. E100G is an equal match on the neutrals and the red and yellow have a stronger signature, but I think the blue may be too strong and magenta too weak.

E100G, no filters
This is indeed a beautiful photo and I see many color similarities to my old Kodachrome slides. The foreground colors red, brown, yellow, gold, etc. are all reminiscent. About the only color in this slide that doesn't seem to fit is the blue sky. I never got this intense blue with my KR-25. It's a bit too saturated. Given that I live in the congested East I find it remarkable that you were able to shoot this scene without a filter of any kind. I almost always need at least a graduated ND to darken the skies a bit and even out the lighting. You're making me want to quit my day job and travel out West.

My box of Astia came in the mail today... so I guess I'll have to get some E100G and try that too.

Another of my old Kodachrome slides for comparison. This one shot on PKR-120 with my Widelux 1500 many years ago. A local scene. Bob G.