Hello

I will be spending June 2010 in the Brazilian Amazon shooting large format colour film. Any general advice? Any advice on non-obvious equipment or supplies to bring?

My housing and food is being taken care of by some local residents. I'm not entirely sure of the living conditions but I don't believe there will be electricity or much access to it. I'll be about a 15 hour river boat trip to the nearest town. I've done research for transportation and vaccinations and all that.

Some of the details, I can provide more if needed: I'll be taking a Toyo field camera, three lenses, 10 film holders, and probably 300 sheets of film. I may up that to 400 if budget/space permits. I have a Lowepro Dryzone 200. Any advice on transporting and storing film? I'd like to keep as much photo-related gear in the backpack which will be with me at most times (to avoid theft or nosy people opening up a box of film without me knowing). I'll have my other standard camera stuff with me of course (loop, meter, dark cloth, change bag, etc.), as well as a Canon G10 for exposure tests or snapshots.

Mostly I'd like to know about film storage while in the field, especially in a humid climate like this one. I was thinking of buying a Pelican case to store film and holders, but I don't want another piece of luggage in addition to my backpack and dufflebag, and the backpack is waterproof anyways.

If anyone has done similar work I'd love to hear from you, or if anyone has any kind of suggestions or resources to check out that'd be extremely appreciated.

Thanks and happy holidays.