Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuji discontinuing Quickloads

Re: Fuji discontinuing Quickloads

Enough to drive one batty (or battier)! Fuji UK says: Production will cease by April 2010 (not saying UK "distribution" of the product will cease, but "production"); Fuji USA says: no plans to discontinue. Hello!

As they used to say on the old quiz show, "Will the real Mr/Ms Fuji please stand up".

All too often the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing... and sometimes that left hand is very naughty.

The only chance we have:

BUY QUIKLOADS IN HUGE NUMBERS!!!! :

For what it's worth, here is a note I posted on APUG late July 2009 about Acros Quickloads:

"I just got off the phone at Fuji USA ("Kelly"), to ask about Acros 100 4x5 QuickLoads. She said no films have been announced as discontinued (begs the question of whether they are about-to-be). I said it's out-of-stock at almost every vendor, some stating it's not available. I said they might think about making some kind of announcement to the QL-consumers of Acros- she said she'd pass that along."

Not to pick on Kelly, and I assume it's the same Kelly who gave the recent reply that there are no plans to discontinue Quickloads, but Acros Quickloads died shortly after I was told by her that nothing has been announced about Quickloads being discontinued.

Wonderful if they are being continued, but I don't have much confidence in what I hear (or more properly, don't hear ) from Fuji.

As every company Fuji has to make money and if they can sell Quickloads in huge amounts they will not stop it, but if they can only sell a little part of the maximum what they need to make it they will stop!

If the sales goes up they start to think about!

Cheers Armin

Quote Originally Posted by Armin Seeholzer View Post
    As every company Fuji has to make money and if they can sell Quickloads in huge amounts they will not stop it, but if they can only sell a little part of the maximum what they need to make it they will stop!

Cheers Armin
    And how many sheets of quickload did you use last year?

Still Developing

Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    And how many sheets of quickload did you use last year?
    I used 600
    Still Developing at http://www.timparkin.co.uk and scanning at http://cheapdrumscanning.com

I don't have a problem with Fuji making commercial decisions, but I do think the lack of information and an opportunity for a 'last buy' (if that's what it's to be) is arrogant and disrespectful of their customers.

I won't be buying Fuji film in any format or emulsion from now on, and I will steer well clear of Fuji products in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Armin Seeholzer View Post

Cheers Armin
    OK since you're persistant lets all take your lead here and go out and panic buy huge amounts of QL:

- Fuji then think there's a huge demand, so stop discontinuation.

- Fuji start production of QLs again, and since there's an huge demand, invest a fair bit of cash and resources into production.

- No-one has the time or money to actually use 500 sheets of QL a months, and since everyone stocked up a lifetime of QL in their freezers, sales drop to an all-time low.

- Fuji realise over the coming few months that the surge in sales was a very short-lived blip caused by ill-considered internet panic merchants who don't apreciate long-term supply and demand.

- Fuji winds up all its film production because it wasted all its cash and over-stretched all resources producing millions of sheets of quickload it'll not sell before they expire.

Sounds like a great idea.

I don't know, but it seems like to me that someone ought to be able to come up with a better holder for the 21st century. Even with the same ancient design, you could reduce the weight by half by using graphite or lightweight plastic instead of heavy plastic and steel. Or how about wood? Its lightweight and strong. Ya, that's the ticket...
    Last edited by Tim Meisburger; 14-Jan-2010 at 03:29. Reason: typo