Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital back for Linhof Master Technika/advice sought

Re: Digital back for Linhof Master Technika/advice sought

you must remember that with a 36x48 back you need a 35mm lens to have the same angle as a 90 on a 4x5 film... 35 with a technika is a nightmare !
    If you need longer lenses then it's ok !
    The best way to mount a back on a technika is the stitching back from Kapture group !

otherwise, for wide angles and digi backs, you really need a Cambo wide RS, or an Alpa (max, swa, xy...), or Arca Swiss (Rm3d, Rl3D).

Here, the Arca RM3D...

"35 with a technika is a nightmare !
    If you need longer lenses then it's ok !
    The best way to mount a back on a technika is the stitching back from Kapture group !"

No it isn't. It is very easy with the built-in wide angle focusing mount on the Master Technika 2000 (now discontinued) and the current Master technika 3000. And the sliding back with built-in rise accessory for any IV, V, or Master accepts any Hasselblad V, H, Mamiya 645 AF, Contax 645 or Graflok 23 scanning or instant capture back.

But even more convenient is the new Techno from Linhof that uses a 23mm on a flat board and is fully geared! Or any of the M679 series cameras which shares the same backs with the Techno, including two sliding backs that accept the same camera backs as the Master Technika sliding back above.

Hello guys,
    this is an old thread but a similar Problem for me. I think it is a good solution tho attach a kapture grounf sliding back to the Technika 3000. But if am right there are 2 possibilities for attaching:
    1) with the graflok compatible ground glass. You have to remove the ground glass and attach the sliding back
    2) remove the groundglass and the Frame and attach a different sliding back from kapture Group with the round Connection....

is this right? I dont know.
    cyron

Quote Originally Posted by cyron123 View Post
    Hello guys,
    this is an old thread but a similar Problem for me. I think it is a good solution tho attach a kapture grounf sliding back to the Technika 3000. But if am right there are 2 possibilities for attaching:
    1) with the graflok compatible ground glass. You have to remove the ground glass and attach the sliding back
    2) remove the groundglass and the Frame and attach a different sliding back from kapture Group with the round Connection....

is this right? I dont know.
    cyron
    1: is not very strong and maintaining parallelism is questionable this way.
    2: would work better. That is how Linhof attaches their sliding back adapter to a 45 IV or later. But does the Kapture Group one maintain exactly the same image plane placement as the Linhof?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Macia View Post
    Again,

Thanks all for the interesting and useful comments, along with the links above. I feel like I am getting up to speed.
    I am left thinking, film is all there is, for 4x5 in the field. At least, in the sense that major changes would have to be made to switch to digital. I only dread the possible demise of E6 processing.
    Is scanning film an option? Kodak seems to suggest that they will be producing their new Ektar 100 films 'forever' (if there is such a thing) and they also say that there are specific benefits to the new Ektar and scanning. I can't explain what Kodak means and if it is true but perhaps someone else can. You could use something like an Epson 700/750 to make a final scan or as a 'proofing scan' to decide which ones should be send out for the big bux drum scanning.

Richard Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by jbenedict View Post
    Is scanning film an option? Kodak seems to suggest that they will be producing their new Ektar 100 films 'forever' (if there is such a thing) and they also say that there are specific benefits to the new Ektar and scanning. I can't explain what Kodak means and if it is true but perhaps someone else can. You could use something like an Epson 700/750 to make a final scan or as a 'proofing scan' to decide which ones should be send out for the big bux drum scanning.
    At least by how I figure it, the value and quality of large format film is impossible to beat. When you do need quality files in volume then there are excellent DSLR options now, leaving the medium format digital backs in a sort of no-man's land of being an expensive in-between compromise.

Hi Bob,
    ok these are good anserws. Thank you. I thought that 2 is the better methode. Is it important to use the exact image plane placement for a techniks 3000? I thought it is not, because it does not have the mechanism like the "technika classic". What do you think?
    Thank you.
    cyron

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    1: is not very strong and maintaining parallelism is questionable this way.
    2: would work better. That is how Linhof attaches their sliding back adapter to a 45 IV or later. But does the Kapture Group one maintain exactly the same image plane placement as the Linhof?

Quote Originally Posted by cyron123 View Post
    Hi Bob,
    ok these are good anserws. Thank you. I thought that 2 is the better methode. Is it important to use the exact image plane placement for a techniks 3000? I thought it is not, because it does not have the mechanism like the "technika classic". What do you think?
    Thank you.
    cyron
    It is probably more important as with digital the normal lens is shorter then with film and if you want wide angle the third party adapters may not let you go as wide as needed. You can easily use a 35mm focal length on the 3000 with just a 001015 lens board.

Hi Bob,
    ok i think it is the "comfort board" the recessed one...OK i will buy this for my wide lenses..Thank you. I will talk to Kapture Group if they could send me a photo of there sliding adapter for the linhof. For precaution :-).
    Thank you for your good ansers. Very Welcome.
    cyron