Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-6/jobo question-what causes this?

Re: E-6/jobo question-what causes this?

I'll try those things. I did use a warm up each time. Now my other question: while my led readout says 38 degrees and the top drum area also reads 38 with a separate thermometer, the bottles, tempuring bath, and graduates only get to about 37.3 or so. Is it a pump circulation problem or what? Do you guys have this problem and do you just crank up the heat to get the chems the right temp and disregard the digital readout?

Bob

My CPP2 is often off by about that amount.

The service book specification for calibration for the CPP2 calls for the temp coming out of the bath to be .4 of a degree higher than the dial set temp. So it should read 38.4 on your hand held independent thermo measuring from the water spout located in the bath. Most machines I have tested are very close to this using several calibrated mercury process thermometers that measure in 1/10th increments, maybe your thermometer is less than accurate.

But in fairness to you, I would say measure from the bottle instead of the lower bath,
    by the time you lift the bottle open the cap and pour the chemicals through the cold lift you are loosing 3 degrees LOL. Thats why ATL's are superior to CPP's for E6!!!

Yes you can crank up the temperature! Or temper the chemical seperate, what ever give you good results. Once you use an ATL you never want to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I'll try those things. I did use a warm up each time. Now my other question: while my led readout says 38 degrees and the top drum area also reads 38 with a separate thermometer, the bottles, tempuring bath, and graduates only get to about 37.3 or so. Is it a pump circulation problem or what? Do you guys have this problem and do you just crank up the heat to get the chems the right temp and disregard the digital readout?

problem resolved. I took the advice (also stated on jobo's site) of not pushing the sheets in the 3010 drum all the way down. That didn't solve the problem. I was only rotating the drum in ONE direction with the 3010 drums since I read here that bi-directional rotation isn't needed for proper agitation. I've had good luck with that method using b+w film so I figured it would work for E-6. Not so. The chemicals (bleach, I presume) weren't getting to the entire base side of the film. It could be the heat of the chemicals causing the film to do something it doesn't at lower temps. Anyways, I now switch to bi-directional rotation for the first part of each step and the entire bleach cycle and the results are perfect with 250ml of chemistry in the 3010 drum with 10 sheets.
    Thanks guys for all the help.