Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets/Animals in LF

Re: Pets/Animals in LF

I am the good looking one in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by JRFrench View Post
    There must be other LFers out there that turn their cameras on unsuspecting animals

The banding in the scan is due to my less than ideal scanner
    OMG we have a cat just like this one, his name is "Burn", his sister's name is "Dodge".
    Not LF, Fuji S5 images.

This is Zoey, our Whippet. Halfplate collodion.

Garrett

Do you guys sedate your dogs to keep to the still long enough for a nice picture?

I am dog sitting Scarlette over the holidays, she is almost 15 yrs old and won't sit still long enough, and, after one flash, she never looked at the camera again.

This is the best LF I could get out of her after two attempts. I gave uo and went 645 after this one.

Speed Graphic, HP 5 in D-76 1:1.

Last edited by Allen in Montreal; 27-Dec-2009 at 11:18.

This is one of the few shots of the many I have of our dogs that I'm certain was LF. Ordinarily they would never stay still long enough. But I remember Ted had been set up for half an hour shooting a bird house in our back yard, and Shelby finally got fed up with trying to get him to come play with her. She planted herself right in front of him, threw back her head and gave him a piece of her mind. He was still under the darkcloth when she suddenly appeared, and he shot it.

That was two houses ago, and he was in an "exclusively B&W phase"... might it have been his Ebony? Don't know.

Great pictures on this page. Garrett, thats gotta be a greyhound or it's on a very small chair. British whippits are a lot smaller than that.
    AS, I was bullied by a Staff for 13 years. We all know who's the boss in your house!
    Best wishes,
    Pete.

Hi Pete. I believe the the standard for Whippets in Britain are smaller than the AKC. But for a US Whippet, she's small. The standard in the US for males is 22 inches at the withers. I think females are the same or one inch shorter. She's about 19 inches and looks a lot more petite than most of my friend's Whippets. She's a great one, I've had 3 in the past 15 years and have a Saluki now too. Here's a pic for scale with the chair and my daughter.

Garrett

Great thread, trying to get a decent LF portrait of my husband's beloved beagle and beagle mix dogs is a real goal of mine. The mix is 100% his dog and remains suspicious of *all* of my attentions -- especially anything that looks like a camera.

Almost got the beagle once while I shooting in the backyard-- and she was crashed under a tree, until our neighbor saw her and offered the always food-obsessed animal a "snack"-- sigh.

jt

Garrett,
    Sorry, I've just found out that the breed standards are different between out two countries. I've got a greyhound and a lurcher (greyhound/lurcher/whippet mix).
    Best wishes,
    Pete.

My dog Ozzie. 4x5 w/ 210mm.