Re: post your urban landscapes

8x10 Portra

Quote Originally Posted by johnmsanderson View Post
    8x10 Portra
    Haha, nice!

Two "suburban" landscapes, both straight negative scans from HP5+ developed in Pyrocat-HD.

The first is part of my series of local buildings in Madison NJ, what caught my eye was the very tilted telephone pole in contrast to the geometry of the building:
    cuccina by Pete Lewin, on Flickr

The second is the first of several I am trying to take of local gas and water tanks "imbedded" in residential neighborhoods. Of course I would rather have the talent to take another "Petit's Garage" image (George Tice is our "patron saint" of NJ urban photographers), but this is a start:
    fairmontgastanks by Pete Lewin, on Flickr

Both are destined for the darkroom and "real" prints. In the meantime, c&c always welcome.

The second one - I thought Tice-esque (meant as a compliment - I'm a big Tice fan and this is my kind of stuff) before I read your description. Should make for a nice print.

Peter, thanks for sharing your interesting images.

I like both, especially Second one.

What a contrast -
    House, trees attempting to provide a curtain, dominant "mega" tanks commanding.
    Perfect and Almost surreal !

(George would approve.)
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

Michael, Dennis: Thanks for your kind comments! One of the people I took a printing workshop with early in my "LF life" was a man named Bill Abranowicz, who at the time was Tice's assistant, so I guess that makes me a second-hand Tice!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
    Michael, Dennis: Thanks for your kind comments! One of the people I took a printing workshop with early in my "LF life" was a man named Bill Abranowicz, who at the time was Tice's assistant, so I guess that makes me a second-hand Tice!
    Pete

I took a printing class from Bill about 25 years ago. At the time, he headed the photography program at Peters Valley Craft Center. As you say, he was Tice's printer, and was the master of extracting every nuance of detail out of negatives. And a really nice guy also. Bill was also Martha Stewart's principal photographer when she originally created her magazine, Martha Stewart Living, and was responsible for the style of imagery that they continue to use today.

The last I heard, Bill was living in Westchester and was still active as a photographer.

Hi all, my first post and my third frame from a new (to me) Linhof Technicka.

Took this shot at Buffalo harbour, I was meeting another photographer to trade some medium format gear. I had a 135mm on the camera (because I can close the camera with the lens mounted) and shot this at ISO 50, f8 (not closed down enough!) and about 1/8 of a second or so. I think this is Kodak vericolor film but I didn't really know it at the time. I though the notches (from another sheet) were telling me Fujichrome 100 so that's what I based my exposure on..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-22-0004-2.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	132833

post your urban landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by donkittle View Post
    Hi all, my first post and my third frame from a new (to me) Linhof Technicka.

Took this shot at Buffalo harbour, I was meeting another photographer to trade some medium format gear. I had a 135mm on the camera (because I can close the camera with the lens mounted) and shot this at ISO 50, f8 (not closed down enough!) and about 1/8 of a second or so. I think this is Kodak vericolor film but I didn't really know it at the time. I though the notches (from another sheet) were telling me Fujichrome 100 so that's what I based my exposure on..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-22-0004-2.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	132833
    Based on my notch code database I THINK it's Vericolor III Professional / Type-S / VPS