Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sinar F2 - 8x10?

Sinar F2 - 8x10?

Hey guys,

I'm probably getting ahead of myself but just out of curiosity, the Sinar F2 I've ordered - is it possible for this to be "upgraded" or otherwise altered to shoot 8x10 film?

Cheers,

Welly

Re: Sinar F2 - 8x10?

Ah. Ignore my post, a bit more searching of the forum has given me the answer I was looking for, which is "yes".

That is a rather expensive "yes" though. These backs are rare as hens teeth and thus fetches quite a lot on the used market.
    It's probably easier to find a P (or P2) back bearer with or without an 8x10 frame. I.e. it will combine into a Sinar C. If you choose that route, again, the easiest (read: cheapest) is to get the bearer complete with a 4x5 frame. Then there are 8x10 conversion kits, complete with bellows, which is what you want. While that P back does weigh more, it isn't that much heavier as it's made from aluminium. On the positive side is that it makes the camera much more easy to operate/manipulate. A final note of warning: Usually "everything fits everything" in the Sinar world, but there are two different 8x10 backs/bellows. As I personally don't shoot 8x10 I don't know the intricates of this, but there are many threads on this particular subject, which are easy to find with a forum search.

//Björn

Hello Welly
    I have one of these 8x10 F2 standard that I have never used. It is like a p, but no asymmetric tilt. If interested, just tell me (see pictures). I can send it with a 4x5 carrier frame. The attachment for the back is like the p/p2/x. All bubble levels are good. Think about it...

Stephane

...I added a P 8x10 rear standard years ago to my 4x5 F.....(though it is long ago sold and I moved to field type cameras).....if I remember I gave about $400 for the 8x10 conversion which included everything I needed, bellows too, and 13 8x10 modern film holders....still have the holders...in hindsight I got a heck of a deal.......one of the very "few" transactions where I didn't take a beating......

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
    Hello Welly
    I have one of these 8x10 F2 standard that I have never used. It is like a p, but no asymmetric tilt. If interested, just tell me (see pictures). I can send it with a 4x5 carrier frame. The attachment for the back is like the p/p2/x. All bubble levels are good. Think about it...

Stephane
    I may get back to you on that, but I think I need to learn to shoot 4x5 first Will pm you anyway!

Cheers,

Welly

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
    Hello Welly

Stephane
    I might have an interest, PM me a price if you would.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob McCarthy View Post
    I might have an interest, PM me a price if you would.

bob

Is there anyone that sells an all-in-one kit to convert a sinar F2 4x5 into 8x10?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGard View Post
    Is there anyone that sells an all-in-one kit to convert a sinar F2 4x5 into 8x10?
    Sinar does...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn Nilsson View Post
    That is a rather expensive "yes" though. These backs are rare as hens teeth and thus fetches quite a lot on the used market.
    It's probably easier to find a P (or P2) back bearer with or without an 8x10 frame. I.e. it will combine into a Sinar C. If you choose that route, again, the easiest (read: cheapest) is to get the bearer complete with a 4x5 frame. Then there are 8x10 conversion kits, complete with bellows, which is what you want. While that P back does weigh more, it isn't that much heavier as it's made from aluminium. On the positive side is that it makes the camera much more easy to operate/manipulate. A final note of warning: Usually "everything fits everything" in the Sinar world, but there are two different 8x10 backs/bellows. As I personally don't shoot 8x10 I don't know the intricates of this, but there are many threads on this particular subject, which are easy to find with a forum search.

//Björn
    Hi.
    I have 8x10 Sinar F2 and also 8x10 Sinar P. .. is possible to exchange almost everything on the Sinar system. But there is a bottleneck that prevents changes. The bellows of the P system are smaller in its back frame … (the big side of bellow) of the bellows (at the front are always supported). And have their aluminum frame, can not be used or F/F2/P2 systems because they are larger. Systems F and P2 if they are fully interchangeable in all its parts.

It is also possible to change the format back and use more or less back (conversion).