Thread: Repronar lens - does it ring a bell?

Lofoten, Northern Norway

Repronar lens - does it ring a bell?

Does anybody recognize this one? I suppose it is a graphic lens, possibly from eastern Europe, but I really do not know. I can not see the name of the manufacturer or any logo. Around the front lens is written REPRONAR 1:11/470 Rb 208 Nr.3 .
    Front and rear groups both have 4 bright reflections, just like a xenar or comparon (i.e. Tessar) front group, which points in the direction of a dialyte design. Reflections are not clearly coloured, so i suspect it is uncoated. If so, it would be prone to flare if used as a taking lens. The barrel is about 59 mm diameter front and rear, and it would require a flange hole of about 75 mm (just under 3")

Can you enlighten me on this? Has any of you ever tried one? Who made it, and when?

Svein Lindberg

Re: Repronar lens - does it ring a bell?

Um, if you bought it -- it was sold via eBay.de, 280418655962 -- ask it how good it is or isn't, and share the news with us. The seller claimed it is a Schneider lens but the serial number isn't consistent with that story.

FWIW, coating can be hard to discern. I mean, if it works really really well it should be invisible. I have a couple of TTH lenses that I initially thought were uncoated, and some of the 38/4.5 Biogons I sold didn't seem to be coated even though they had to have been.

Cheers,

Dan