Thread: Questions Re Replying to Posts

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Questions Re Replying to Posts

OK, can someone please tell me what the multi-quote button does other than turning red when pressed? The button to the right of it (quick reply to this message) doesn't seem to do anything either? And how is that quick reply different from the Post Reply buttton on the left underneath the message box or using the quick reply box under THAT? Also, is using the quick reply box with the quote square checked the same as pressing the quote button at the bottom of the message box? I guess there's some redundancy here?
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Re: Questions Re Replying to Posts

You use the multi-quote button when you want to reply to several posts at once, in a single repost and you also want to quote each of them.

The way it works is, you hit the Multi-Quote button (the one to the right of regular Quote button) with the quote and "+" mark on it for each of the messages you want to quote and then on the last one in a row you hit the regular "Quote".

All of the messages you selected will appear quoted in your single reply box, each within its own set of quote tags, so you can simply add your responses.

Hope this helps.

Marko

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Re: Questions Re Replying to Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard K. View Post
    OK, can someone please tell me what the multi-quote button does other than turning red when pressed? The button to the right of it (quick reply to this message) doesn't seem to do anything either? And how is that quick reply different from the Post Reply buttton on the left underneath the message box or using the quick reply box under THAT? Also, is using the quick reply box with the quote square checked the same as pressing the quote button at the bottom of the message box? I guess there's some redundancy here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    You use the multi-quote button when you want to reply to several posts at once, in a single repost and you also want to quote each of them.

The way it works is, you hit the Multi-Quote button (the one to the right of regular Quote button) with the quote and "+" mark on it for each of the messages you want to quote and then on the last one in a row you hit the regular "Quote".

All of the messages you selected will appear quoted in your single reply box, each within its own set of quote tags, so you can simply add your responses.

Hope this helps.

Marko
    Thanks Marko!!
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain