Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DLC 45, MQC 57, or Chamonix 45N

Re: DLC 45, MQC 57, or Chamonix 45N

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Guys, I really want a lightweight 4x5 dedicated to 6x12cm roll film with lenses ranging from 38-300mm. This is a backup for when I just can't physically carry the 5x12in kit. When I CAN carry the 5x12 that'll be what I use but something smaller/lighter is needed for those not-so-good days.
    Then the choice is exceedingly easy....the Canham DLC. Don't even trouble yourself agonizing about it any longer. Just get yourself a DLC, slap that Horseman back on it and shoot man, SHOOT!

The DLC is just a wonderful, marvelous camera....life is slipping by....just get it an go! Call Fred or Denis ( or is it Dan?) at the View Camera store and trade in the MQC for a new DLC....Keep throwning in stuff from your stash until it works out to be an even trade (or nearly so).

Don't waste another moment worrying about whether it is or isn't all things to all men. Perfection is way overrated. Just get the Damned thing! Do it NOW!

You're right!! I'll trade in the MQC for a DLC so the 4x5 (6x12cm) kit will be complete. Now... just to find an affordable 5x12 Korona and tripod/head combo that'll keep the behemoth steady... for those days I can actually lug the thing around.

Thanks everyone!!

Smile Re: DLC 45, MQC 57, or Chamonix 45N

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_feldman View Post
    Mike,

No offense intended, but I suggest you read Kevin Bourque's short article at http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ic-bullet.html.

Bob
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Guys, I really want a lightweight 4x5 dedicated to 6x12cm roll film with lenses ranging from 38-300mm. This is a backup for when I just can't physically carry the 5x12in kit. When I CAN carry the 5x12 that'll be what I use but something smaller/lighter is needed for those not-so-good days.
    Oh, blessed be roll film! Who needs film holders?

I truly appreciate everyone's input here. But I've been done chasing magic bullets for some time now. At least I think I have been. I settled on two systems... a 5x12in kit for when I'm physically capable of carying it and a lightweight 4x5 (6x12cm) for when I can't. Lens choices for the 4x5 kit were settled on and bought months ago. The 5x12in lens kit was more difficult especially for the 210mm... corner-to-corner sharpness was the issue... setttled on a Graphic-Kowa. If making final decisions on what will best suit my needs is chasing magic bullets then perhaps I still am (was). However, that's over with. I only lack the 5x12 Korona and a tripod/head to support it. I have everything else except for trading in the MQC for a DLC.