This is in furtherance of the thread "Gitzo 3 leg sections vs. 4 leg sections", but since my questions are now related to the head choice I thought it appropria te to start a new thread.

There are a number of older threads in which people opine that the B1 is not wel l suited for the Wisner 4x5 because one cannot see both spirit levels at the sam e time, making fine adjustments difficult. Also, some responses to my Gitzo thr ead suggest - to me - that while a really lightweight, i.e. 4 lb., field camera is OK with the B1, the 6 lbs of the Wisner may be pushing it. What is the curre nt thinking on these points?

Also - were I to consider a pan/tilt solution that would be noticably better for the Gitzo 1325 or 1348 tripod than the Bogen 3047 I have, what would that solut ion be? Would it be a Gitzo 1370 with quick release 1385 or Really Right Stuff clamp and plate? Please note that I have bought and returned the Bogen 3275 (Ma nfrotto 410) because I didn't like the balance, and that I would prefer not to p ut the $$$ into a Arca B2.

Thanks again.