Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on lens cases

Update on lens cases

Some weeks back I posted some info on LF lens cases made by Justin Gnass of Chic o, Calif. Well the case arrived and it is exactly what I've been looking for and thought some of you may be interested in them! They are well-padded and have ad justable dividers and are zip closing. They have a small pocket on the rear for cable release, lens spanner etc. They are equipped with a webbbing carry handle. I ordered the 3 lens version BUT my only gripe is that I can't fit 3 lenses in it!! It comfortably takes 2 "big" lenses (wide angles) but the 4 lens version w ould probably have been a better bet! But I am pleased with the quality. I al so ordered the film holder file and this is going to prove very useful - briefly , it is a tiered flap that has pockets that accept 10 5x4 DDS, this is supplied with a handle that can be draped over tripod handles or can be used with a shoul der strap. The whole thing is covered with a flap that prevents dust etc getting to the holders.

Update on lens cases

Any possibility of posting some pictures?

Update on lens cases

I just received my 4 lens case and it comfortably handles my 80, 110, 150 & 240. I also got the film holder designed for quick/ready loads. It holds two boxes of ready/quick loads or one box and a holder. Both products are well designed. I am very pleased.

Update on lens cases

never mind on the photos. I just found his website and there are images there.

Question: It doesn't appear that the lens cases will accommodate lenses mounted on lensboards. Is this true? I would not like to have to deal with taking lensboards on and off in the field.

Update on lens cases

URL?

Update on lens cases

The lens cases will hold lenses fitted with lensboards of up to 11cm2.

Update on lens cases

SORRY! the web site is at www.gnassgear.com

Update on lens cases

It will accomodate the lens boards. It does look like it would be a tight fit for tele lenses like the Nikon 500t.

Update on lens cases

Paul or Scott - Are the lens cases oversized lens pouches, or is the foam used for the walls of a "structural" type that resists deformation such as that used in "lightware"-type cases? Will packing these cases into a backpack (with the normal contact with other items) cause them to collapse onto the lenses themselves - leaving the lenses to support outside pressures?

Update on lens cases

The cases are very substantial. They have adjustable dividers to keep lenses apart and these are reinforced. The walls are thickly padded and again reinforced. Once zipped up the whole thing is stable and certainly offers the best degree of protection I have found. for the price i consider them real bargains, and Justin Gnass is great to deal with too! Certainly well worth a try - beats (my) home-made type.