Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chamonix camera 45N-1 focusing error

Re: Chamonix camera 45N-1 focusing error

thanks. will do search. point taken

(that being said, I often spend a lot of time searching in here, not finding excactly what I'm looking for... and isn't it part of the fun of being experienced, that all of us newbies take you so darn seriously and follow every step of advice we are given? or am I completely missing the point? sorry for chatting...)

...but, but, but.....this is a chat room

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    ...but, but, but.....this is a chat room...
    Not intentionally.

So what's the depth of the image-forming sensor (plane of focus) in the Betterlight? Wouldn't you have to know this to interpret the applicability to film in film holders?

Cheers, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamley View Post
    So what's the depth of the image-forming sensor (plane of focus) in the Betterlight? Wouldn't you have to know this to interpret the applicability to film in film holders?

Cheers, Steve
    It's made to be a direct slide-in replacement for a 4x5 film holder. Think much like the Sinar or Calumet roll film holders that just slide in under the ground glass.

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    ...but, but, but.....this is a chat room
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Not intentionally.
    It depends on whose intention we are talking about.

But no, this isn't a chat room. This is actually a discussion board. They were invented so that physically remote individuals or groups could discuss their common interests. Chatter can and often is a part of any discussion. The only real difference is that chat room communications are happening real-time and discussion boards provide time shift.

IOW, the distinction is largely technical and neither is intended to be an academic repository. There's no reason why people shouldn't simply chat back and forth if they so desire.

Dave Karp

As I read through this, I can't help but wonder if the responses would be different if this camera was from Wisner and he came up with a similar solution.

Must be a hell of a lotta people interested or using the Chamonix 045N to get all of this attention?

I'll agree to disagree with the shortcomings....
    Mine is working fine so far.
    Keep the feedback going!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by mortensen View Post
    ...I second that question!!! It would be really nice to hear some opinions from the experienced folk around here. Or is it a topic for a new thread...
    No, it's a topic for a multitude of old threads.

I can only speak for myself, but suspect that other experienced folk around here also tire of the forum being used as a chat room rather than the rich resource it is. Perform a Google advanced search under the domain largeformatphotography.info and you'll find a wealth of answers to these repeated questions.
    Sal, search engines are great but sometimes the subject matter is far too esoteric to find very specific answers to. If my and mortensen's question(s) were regarding how to change a flat tire then your point would be more appropriate. No offense intended but, in this case it just comes off as disdain towards those without your knowledge. Why not just answer the question since you already have that expertise?

Not intentionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    It depends on whose intention we are talking about...
    I refer to Philip Greenspun's intention. This forum originated on LUSENET. The matter of how a forum gets used is not always easy to obtain consensus on. Philip was quite clear that he intended LUSENET to be an archival resource, not a chat room. I agree with his approach.

See this

http://www.ombwatch.org/node/266

for more information; scroll around 3/4 down to find his ARS Digita references.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Sal, search engines are great but sometimes the subject matter is far too esoteric to find very specific answers to...No offense intended but, in this case it just comes off as disdain towards those without your knowledge. Why not just answer the question since you already have that expertise?
    You are misinterpreting my post. It was not motivated by disdain toward those without knowledge. Rather, I'm weary of those unwilling to search. The subject being discussed in this thread is not esoteric for this forum. It has been covered in detail many times before. The answers exist for those interested enough to find them rather than cluttering the archive with repetition (which makes future searches more difficult).