Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Large Format Lambda Printing

Re: Large Format Lambda Printing

Having worked with Bob in the past I can say with out any disclaimers he is a true craftsman, customer focused, and an all around great guy. Even if he does parade around in orange overalls LOL.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Frankly, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or send my own work to Elevator. Has his lab made mistakes? I've worked in labs. Its impossible not to. Its how you deal with the mistakes that separates the men from the boys.
    Amen, brother. I've worked in the computer services industry for forty years this year. I learned long ago that anyone in a service industry that maintains they have never blown a job is not being honest, and you should look for another vendor. As you say, it's how mistakes are handled that is the most important factor in any long-term relationship.

Bob has also been very generous in sharing his knowledge of scanning and printing with the members of this forum.

I too have worked with Bob, starting in the 1980's and have found that his skill and experience are amazing!
    I have personally had the experience of working hard for a customer, and then sometimes it goes bad, despite one's best efforts, but that is the business. As another poster said, it is how you deal with it that is what's important.
    If I needed printing done, I wouldn't hesitate to send to Elevator. The only reason I don't as I have the facilities to do all I need myself.
    The others mentioned, Colourgenics and Toronto Image Works are also fine labs.
    Keith

a long standing member of this community who did nothing but stand up for himself when he was lambasted

Should that not be lambdabasted ?

anyway, hi, nice forum.

The "sucker punch" was not from Sean ... he pointed out a legitimate problem that Bob acknowledged and explained. Bob was the sucker punch artist with his sarcastic and incorrect claim that Sean had sought employment there. Yes, we all make mistakes and if Bob had simply acknowledged the mistake and cited Elevator's years of experience, large number of artists serviced, contributions to this forum, and many successful projects ... without trying to denigrate Sean (and then the OP) personally ... all would have been fine.