Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

AtlantaTerry,very cool,I remember those days when we moved around a lot from apartment to apartment.Good memory's. Keep it up,some day you will have a full darkroom (without a shower in it)

Here is my pride and joy, it's my first and last darkroom, my dark closet at age 9 does not count. Tomorrow will be it's first usage. I have a shoot with a pro shooter neighbor at 1 pm and I will show her 8x10 X-ray shooting and then develop and contact print with her.

This is my former living room, the pine paneling covers the south and only windows in this work/live art condo. I have 3 clean Leedall sinks with Hass Intellifaucet feeding all. 3 paper washers, 11x14 to 20x24. I have numerous enlargers, but right now Leitz Focomat V35, Beseler 23CII, Bessler CB7, Elwood 5x7 and 8x10 all set up. Below the ASUS Pro Art Chrome Cast monitor (for instructional videos), I have NOS Arkay 150 print dryer and an 8x10 time-O-Lite contact printer. Bicycles hang from the ceiling.

It's a lot of sinks, but I can cover 2 of them with doors for more dry space. I have a large light table and Seal dry mount press.

The other end of the 750 sq ft loft is a shooting space with strobes, backdrops and too many old studio cameras. I sleep in a bunk by the kitchen.

I bought and installed all this in a year, watching for sales and much of it was dirt cheap or free. Still it was not easy. I'm retired and went all out, I'm not moving and this is gonna keep me busy for years and has already created a lot of interest from neighbors who want to use the space.

Since it's never been used, I am sure I will need to adjust and modify, but I do have the time.

Now I better get some sleep as tomorrow we are going to be busy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-DSCN3573.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	103327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-DSCN3576.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	103328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-DSCN3577.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	103329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-DSCN3578.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	103330

Nice space Randy !

How are you gonna print with these old Focomat I enlargers: standing on a ladder..;-)..

Best,

Cor

And I thought I had everything there was to have in a darkroom, but I see I am missing bicycles.

Nice space.

I couldn't figure how to store them and figured I would decorate, the one on the upper right is a FILMRUS which was recently featured in Leica magazine, not this one, but one like it, it appears to be unused.

My one neighbor calls this a museum, I like to think it is a working museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Nice space Randy !

How are you gonna print with these old Focomat I enlargers: standing on a ladder..;-)..

Best,

Cor

To fool passerby, I have toy cars, Chicago made antiques and an old Schwinn on display in the storefront window that are built into the window wall behind the paneling. Locals seem to like my display. I also have several 6" ports built in to use for camera obscura. A new Chicago park is being built outside my window. http://the606.org/

I'm trying to have a little fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    And I thought I had everything there was to have in a darkroom, but I see I am missing bicycles.

Nice space.

All I have hanging from my darkroom ceiling are spidy webs...

My only pets are spiders, not on purpose, but they are everywhere and kill other bugs.

If a big one walks by in front of a female visitor, I step on it, just for her...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    All I have hanging from my darkroom ceiling are spidy webs...

Yes, this time of year there are many. You know you spend too much time in there when you start naming them.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    My only pets are spiders, not on purpose, but they are everywhere and kill other bugs.

If a big one walks by in front of a female visitor, I step on it, just for her...
    Don't generalize about females. I'd catch hell if my wife saw me step on a spider. Harmless ones must be left alone. Even a brown recluse had to be captured alive in an upturned glass and evicted to outdoors.

OTOH she never comes into the room I currently use as a darkroom unless invited for some reason, nor the permanent one that will be built out, and what gets smushed in the darkroom stays in the darkroom, or something.