Page 48 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Mark

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Langendonk View Post
    That's a pretty nice darkroom considering you are renting. Interesting approach with the Jobo recessed into the cabinet. I assume its supported underneath?
    Yes, the cabinet has storage for the bottles and tanks below, then there is a shelf that holds the Jobo. The drain valve was replaced with a barb, and there is a hose which goes directly to the drain, and a valve on that, so when I open that valve, the bath drains by itself.

The top of the cabinet is flush with the top lip of the sink, so I can drain from the lift directly into the sink.

Kurt

Here's mine. Previously chronicled in this thread: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...7-New-darkroom

I haven't posted any to this thread, so here are a few.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drawer.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	98292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dry Side.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	98293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	98294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wet Side.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	98295
    It has been finished for about 4 years now and I have been extremely happy with the arrangement. I'm not sure that I would have done any of it differently.

One of the perquisites of being retired is you finally get time to build and use a darkroom. This is my first “personal” darkroom. I have used several shared darkrooms in the past. The space was part of the design requirements when we had our new retirement home built. Aside from the re-purposed desks on which the enlargers stand, I built the DR furniture myself. It finally got finished several weeks ago.

Some of the features:

-the room is 9 ft x11 ft with a blacked out window (window put in for re-sale reasons).
    -a purpose built DR sink lined with fiberglass and epoxy. I refer to it as my “inside-out” kayak, because that is the technique I used when I built my kayak.
    -the sink is 96” x 26” and can hold four 16x20 trays plus the 11x14 Kostiner archival print washer. It drains nicely to one end.
    -the room has a built in bathroom fan for ventilation and two lighting circuits one for room lights and one for safe lights.
    -at the end of the sink, on the other side of the gable, are five home built drying screens with a shelf on the top that holds a Seal Commercial 210 Dry Mount press.
    -over the dry mount press is a removable shelf that hold a Technal hot air RC print dryer.
    -a 4x5 enlarger (Omega D5XL) and a 5x7 enlarger (Elwood). I don’t shoot 5x7 but do have a 6x17 back for my 4x5 Chamonix 45N1. The Omega column still needs to be fastened to the wall in order to hold it steady, but I wanted to get a feeling for the “working space” before I did that.
    -besides the enlargers is an Amergraph V28-1200SE UV plate burner for alternative process work.

To prove that the DR actually does get use, I have included an “action shot” which shows my first four sheets of 4x5 film, which were developed in this DR, hanging to dry. You can see the Uni-roller on a temporary shelf on the sink. The film was developed in a Jobo 2521 tank manually flipped on the Uni-roller, to reverse direction. The negatives appear to have turned out very nicely, but my printing skills still leave a lot to be desired. But now I have a place where I can conveniently practice.

It is a real treat having two water taps so that you can clean your containers while the film is washing with the water from the second tap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkroom-1s.jpg 
Views:	850 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	100503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkroom-2s.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	100504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkroom-3s.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	100505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkroom-4s.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	100506
    you can find my images on flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/feberdt/sets/

David Schaller

It doesn't get much better than this! Congratulations! I know you will love it.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_E View Post
    One of the perquisites of being retired is you finally get time to build and use a darkroom. This is my first “personal” darkroom. I have used several shared darkrooms in the past. The space was part of the design requirements when we had our new retirement home built. Aside from the re-purposed desks on which the enlargers stand, I built the DR furniture myself. It finally got finished several weeks ago.

Some of the features:

-the room is 9 ft x11 ft with a blacked out window (window put in for re-sale reasons).
    -a purpose built DR sink lined with fiberglass and epoxy. I refer to it as my “inside-out” kayak, because that is the technique I used when I built my kayak.
    -the sink is 96” x 26” and can hold four 16x20 trays plus the 11x14 Kostiner archival print washer. It drains nicely to one end.
    -the room has a built in bathroom fan for ventilation and two lighting circuits one for room lights and one for safe lights.
    -at the end of the sink, on the other side of the gable, are five home built drying screens with a shelf on the top that holds a Seal Commercial 210 Dry Mount press.
    -over the dry mount press is a removable shelf that hold a Technal hot air RC print dryer.
    -a 4x5 enlarger (Omega D5XL) and a 5x7 enlarger (Elwood). I don’t shoot 5x7 but do have a 6x17 back for my 4x5 Chamonix 45N1. The Omega column still needs to be fastened to the wall in order to hold it steady, but I wanted to get a feeling for the “working space” before I did that.
    -besides the enlargers is an Amergraph V28-1200SE UV plate burner for alternative process work.

To prove that the DR actually does get use, I have included an “action shot” which shows my first four sheets of 4x5 film, which were developed in this DR, hanging to dry. You can see the Uni-roller on a temporary shelf on the sink. The film was developed in a Jobo 2521 tank manually flipped on the Uni-roller, to reverse direction. The negatives appear to have turned out very nicely, but my printing skills still leave a lot to be desired. But now I have a place where I can conveniently practice.

It is a real treat having two water taps so that you can clean your containers while the film is washing with the water from the second tap.

Name:	Darkroom-1s.jpg 
Views:	850 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	100503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkroom-2s.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	100504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkroom-3s.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	100505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkroom-4s.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	100506

cant see much in this pic,but here it is.

Name:	darkroomshannon.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	100620

Hello!
    I've created virtual 3d panorama of my darkroom and want to share it with you!

Name:	darkroom.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	101422

link to 3d panorama

you also may see it on iPhone or iPad using gyroscope ))

Quote Originally Posted by mamanton View Post
    Hello!

link to 3d panorama

ok I'm impressed…..
    both the darkroom and the presentation….

writing from Ellensburg (Washington State), on the way to the Tillman Crane workshop in Dillon Montana
    you can find my images on flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/feberdt/sets/

Mamanton, that`s impressive, thanks. BTW, don`t you have a sink? I cannot find it.

Quote Originally Posted by mamanton View Post
    Hello!

link to 3d panorama

that's pretty Kickin'. I enjoyed that! Love the wallpaper!
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

I got vertigo watching it... fun! Your darkroom reminded me of mine in Japan.