Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: You do shoot nice cars, don't you ...

Re: You do shoot nice cars, don't you ...

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. Dickson View Post
    A Jag from the California Mille show, 2009 I think.
    I want to know how you got this picture of a jag at a show without 2 dozen (at least) people in the frame, if not actually between you and the car.

I like your other car photo too. You deal with all those reflections well. It looks more like the ones I take where you cannot avoid evidence of the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    I want to know how you got this picture of a jag at a show without 2 dozen (at least) people in the frame, if not actually between you and the car.
    It's probably at 6am or something, before things started happening for the day.

Maybe... but we've got a vintage car, and have been to alot of car shows - even hours before it's open to the public all the owners are milling around and sharing recent adventures with blown gaskets and tips about hard-to-find parts.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post

I like your other car photo too. You deal with all those reflections well. It looks more like the ones I take where you cannot avoid evidence of the general public.
    Sly, jp498 is more or less correct. early in the morning is best and flat/ cloudy light is also good to knock down the reflections. If you are early enough or when its not too crowded just wait until folks move on or out of the way. I think I shot this around 8am/9am.

Also this was in San Francisco in early May and its often cloudy in the a.m before burning off.

Time to revive this thread.

I don't shot much LF these days, having gone the route of MF/Scan/ink jet. However a few weeks ago the car club I'm a member of set up a visit to a major restorer of Mercedes-Benz 300 SLs. I packed everything, Leica IIIC, Nikon D300, Mamiya 7II, Toyo 45A. Due to the crowds and risk of bumping one of the cars I used the first 3 formats for the most part.

However while waiting around outside the facility I did manage to use the the Toyo to grab of few frames of a Jaguar C-Type (replica). These are quick scans from my Epson 3200 and need some more work on color balance etc.

For the motorheads here I posted a write up of the visit to another forum:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...dis-world.html

All shots are Toyo 45A,180 mm Rodenstock, Fuji 160-S (last of my quickloads)

Regards,
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim Bradley; 13-Apr-2012 at 10:00. Reason: typo

Wood!

Jim, those last two photos are very nice. The first would be nicer if the windscreen didn't blend in to the bad bokeh quite so easily.

I think a quality replica like that would be more enjoyable than an original.

I know I didn't do this one justice but it was the most incredible engine I've ever seen! 1915 Mercedes Benz "Woodie"
    HP5 8x10Attachment 71909