Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best flashlight?

Geos

Re: Best flashlight?

Surefire Saint Minimus or Surefire's U2 Ultra.

I gave up using little flashlights for small head lamps for hands free use. The Black Diamond brand are small and light and run on 2 AAA batteries for about $30 U.S. My mini mag lights etc. never get used now.

The absolute best are Fenix, https://www.fenix-store.com/ I happen to have the PD20. Built like a tank and is easy on the batteries with more power than you need. Has four brightness ranges. I have mine on a small camera lanyard hanging on my neck all the time under my shirt. Handy as h___.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

The new LED ones are a vast improvement over the old bulbs, and a small AA size does the job of an old D-cell style. However the 4 D-cell Maglite still makes a great weapon to club the bad guys with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    . However the 4 D-cell Maglite still makes a great weapon to club the bad guys with.
    A Master Lock tied to a RR handkerchief with the enough hangng out of your back pocket is a very effective weapon and it's lighter to carry too.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    However the 4 D-cell Maglite still makes a great weapon to club the bad guys with.
    The 6-D cell is even better. In Detroit, they still them a "Malice Green", not a maglite...

My Surefire 10X Dominator will vaporize paint 100' away - YIKES!!!!!!!!!

hacker extraordinaire

I carry a Fenix L1P every day. I bored it out so now it can take either a CR123 lithium or a AA battery. It has been going for years now and was worth every penny.

I use an Everready headlamp. Has two spots, two floods and two red leds. Works great.

I went to a large vendor and tried just at least 10 flashlights. Hands down the new Pelican LED flashlights are head and shoulders above any competitor as it relates to raw luminance. The differences are absolutely stunning. I acquired a head/cap lamp ($25)and a hand flashlight ($115) and everyone I demonstrate them to is similarly impressed. They have a web site and the lumens they advertise are real. The light is as white and clear and daylight. The technology that they have built into these units are over the top and I can get 10 hours of burn time on the rechargable batteries on the hand flashlight. Over the years I have used just about every flashlight imaginable and gave them all to the Goodwill.

Do yourself a favor and check them out.