Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone VI 8x10 opinions?

Re: Zone VI 8x10 opinions?

Richard's right. Believe me, I remember that time well. Gluing bellows. Getting giddy smelling the contact cement. Ah, the good old days.

If you can possibly afford it (and you should, you deserve it), Richard's current camera, at 6 and a half pounds, it well worth it.
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow View Post
    Richard's right. Believe me, I remember that time well. Gluing bellows. Getting giddy smelling the contact cement. Ah, the good old days.

If you can possibly afford it (and you should, you deserve it), Richard's current camera, at 6 and a half pounds, it well worth it.
    Hi Bruce,

I believe your right, think I'll wait until I can afford one of Richards fine cameras or perhaps a Wehman.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I'll second Richard's camera, the best bit is that you can leave any lens that is less than three inch thick attach to the camera while folded, don't think many camera can do that.

Aside from being heavier than most recent incarnations, any of the Zone VI, Wisner, Deardorff are very capable cameras...

How's the new Razzle coming along?

Rob
    Last edited by fuegocito; 19-Nov-2009 at 13:15. Reason: clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by fuegocito View Post
    Hi Chris,

I'll second Richard's camera, the best bit is that you can leave any lens that is less than three inch thick attach to the camera while folded, don't think many camera can do that.

Aside from being heavier than most recent incarnations, any of the Zone VI, Wisner, Deardorff are very capable cameras...

How's the new Razzle coming along?

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for the comments, will save my pennys for one of Richards 8x10's. The new Razzle is just about sorted. I've got it with cable release, grafmatic holder in the back and the whole plot is pretty darn quick for a 4x5. The copy of the stock lens however is less than perfect and Deans sorting out a spare one of his which I hope will arrive soon.

best,

Chris.

:-) I am loving the Razzle from you too, went through several lenses on it and settled on a oldie 130mm Dagor and it's sweet. Just the way a handheld 45 ought to be...

oops just went off topic here, back to Zone VI 8x10, I have not seen the 8x10 version in person but it looks identical to my Zone VI 45 and I have used it for years for architectural works. Very functional and I got nothing negative to say about it.

R

:-) I am loving the Razzle from you too, went through several lenses on it and settled on a oldie 130mm Dagor and it's sweet. Just the way a handheld 45 ought to be...

oops just went off topic here, back to Zone VI 8x10, I have not seen the 8x10 version in person but it looks identical to my Zone VI 45 and I have used it for years for architectural works. Very functional and I got nothing negative to say about it.

R
    That's great Rob, I'm pleased to hear that. (still off topic) would be interested to hear how you felt the 130 Dagor was an improvement over the Fuji ?

Best,

Chris.

Not an improvement but alternative, more like a personal preference. I mainly use it for portraiture, this older lens is not as aggressive in sharpness...mushier or as people would say, creamier tones in general:-)

I posted this image in another thread before:

best

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dunham View Post
    That's great Rob, I'm pleased to hear that. (still off topic) would be interested to hear how you felt the 130 Dagor was an improvement over the Fuji ?

Best,

Chris.

Not an improvement but alternative, more like a personal preference. I mainly use it for portraiture, this older lens is not as aggressive in sharpness...mushier or as people would say, creamier tones in general:-)

I posted this image in another thread before:

best
    I see, yes, looks good to me.