Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What became of Galerie?

What became of Galerie?

I don't think so.

What became of Galerie?

john, i actually just ordered ilford's ilfobrom galerie paper about a week and a half ago from Abbey Camera in Philadelphia. i've never used this paper before, but i've read many good things about it. the paper is on back order, but they will be delivering it to me (hopefully). what is so different about this paper? is there any special developing technique that i should be aware of? thanks, patty

Old School Wayne

What became of Galerie?

Patty,

I havent used Galerie in over 10 years and i didnt use it much even then. I prefer Seagull for cold tones and Forte warmtone for warm, Galerie (if I remember correctly) falls in between. It does have a slightly greenish cast to it, I know that. This ( I think) can be removed by toning, and you might experiment with developers (or just add some benzotriazole) if you dont like the color but dont want to tone. There dont seem to be many people using it anymore, and i dont see it discussed often. It does have its devotees though, and you'll just have to try it to see if you are one. Although it may be similar to Ilfobrom (which I've never used), I dont think its identical. Hard to say, since Ilfobrom is long gone.

What became of Galerie?

Ilford has updated many of its black and white Fact Sheets in the last few months. They're on the Web site:

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/homeng.html

and Ilfobrom Galerie FB is now included!