Thread: Fuji QuickChange Film Holder

Yong-ran Zhu

Fuji QuickChange Film Holder

I have learned that Fuji QuickChange Film Holder is available now in Badger Grap hic Sales. It costs about $150. You can read a very good description of this hol der at Robert White site. I would like to know its quality and durability compar ed to Grafmatic holder from users. Thanks for any comments.

A previous thread concerning this holder can be found at http://hv.greenspun.com/bboard/q- and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=006LET.

Hope this helps.

Evidently the Quickchange has been available in Japan for quite a while but only recently discovered (or imported by Robt White and Badger Graphics.) My experience is limited so far but it seems like a very useful way to carry and use film. Basically, it is eight sheets of film in the space and weight of one and a half or two normal holders. And, since it is spring loaded, the dark slide and the septum that holds the sheet of film become a pressure plate. The film is flatter (subjectively) than the usual holder.

The film pack is labeled for one-time use only but is easily reloaded with the users' choice of film. To actually buy and not reload the thing would be very expensive and an incredible waste. The film pack is complicated. I am sure Fuji recycles the ones they get back in Japan. The duty life of the film pack should be OK though it does not seem to be as sturdy as the holder.

The flyer it comes with is in Japanese only and I had to ask Robt White for some pointers (gladly e-mailed after I asked) on how to reload.
    John Hennessy

How can a holder priced at $150 be for one time use? neil

Neil:

The holder gets reused... but Fuji's scheme wants you to buy new preloaded film packs (8 shots). What people have discovered is that the packs are reloadable with any 4x5 film, an that the system can thus be used like the old Graphmatic holders avoiding the high cost of preloaded film packs.

We reviewed several styles of film holders in our Nov/Dec 01 issue

steve simmons view camera magazine

"We reviewed several styles of film holders in our Nov/Dec 01 issue steve simmons view camera magazine"

Did this include the new Fuji "Graphmatic"
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

The review included the Fuji Qiuckload, The single sheet Kodak Readyload holder, the older six sheet Grafmatic, the Polaroid 545 holder and the Fuji 8 sheet Quickchange holder.

steve simmons

"The review included the Fuji Qiuckload, The single sheet Kodak Readyload holder, the older six sheet Grafmatic, the Polaroid 545 holder and the Fuji 8 sheet Quickchange holder."

Cool - now I'll have to go find my copy at Chapters :-)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog