Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To All 5x7 Photographers: 5x7 Portra 160 NC: Official Notice of Purchase

Re: To All 5x7 Photographers: 5x7 Portra 160 NC: Official Notice of Purchase

Lee, approx $200/box (50 sheets) per Jeff at Badger.

I have emailed Jeff that I would be a buyer for a quantity of 160NC.

Quote Originally Posted by prado333 View Post
    how can european shooters make orders?
    best regards
    5x7 film doesnt fit into 13x18 holders.
    Regards
    Martin

LJ Segil

Jeff has not set a definite price as yet, but he expects he will be able to sell the film for the same amount that B&H had been charging, which had been $200 for a fifty sheet box, recently raised to $210 very shortly prior to the imposition of the minimum purchase requirement (which interestingly dropped the per box price back to $200). If you contact Jeff directly at Badger he may be able to give you a better idea at this point.
    Larry

I've just received an e-mail from B+H saying that if I do a product review on my recent purchase of 5x7 Portra 160 NC - two of their last boxes - I'll be entered in a monthly draw for a $250 gift card; and that the company that runs their product review software will enter me in another draw in which I could win $1000.

Can Badger beat that?
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

By the way, the expiry date on the two boxes of Portra that B+H just sent me is December 2010, which means that it hasn't been sitting on their shelves for forever and a day. Makes me wonder what is actually happening and whether a phone call to Kodak might be in order. Maybe the sky is falling, maybe this is an exercise in Chicken Little.

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    I've just received an e-mail from B+H saying that if I do a product review on my recent purchase of 5x7 Portra 160 NC - two of their last boxes - I'll be entered in a monthly draw for a $250 gift card; and that the company that runs their product review software will enter me in another draw in which I could win $1000.

Can Badger beat that?
    Me, I'll take Jeff's (or any other vendor's) willingness to actually work with the large format community and help organize a group order for us over some gift card draw any day.

By the way, the expiry date on the two boxes of Portra that B+H just sent me is December 2010, which means that it hasn't been sitting on their shelves for forever and a day. Makes me wonder what is actually happening and whether a phone call to Kodak might be in order. Maybe the sky is falling, maybe this is an exercise in Chicken Little.
    To my knowledge, B&H has been the only retailer in the recent past that has stocked 160NC in 5x7. My guess is that they took the initiative to place a special order for their own stock, found that it sold too slowly after all, and decided against doing it again. In other words, no change in Kodak's policy, which all along has been that they are willing to make 160NC available in non-stock sizes to prepaid special order with a large minimum quantity.

The only other recent supplier of 5x7 160NC that I'm aware of is Color Services of Needham, MA, and that was purely as the aggregator of a one-time special order.

Can Badger beat that?
    Do let us all know when you actually win that fabulous gift card If you're that marketing fixated that a gift card lottery decides your spend, do what you wish. Personally, I find it refreshing to to deal with someone who answers his phone, returns calls ASAP and even has good manners... The lure of a gift card lottery is quite far down the decision matrix for my money.

I thought that the e-mail that I got from B+H was funny. I guess that I should use a smiley next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    To my knowledge, B&H has been the only retailer in the recent past that has stocked 160NC in 5x7.
    If that's the case, why isn't B+H getting this order? The company that has made the product available is now being penalized because it wants a committed order, which is also what Badger wants. That doesn't make sense.