Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Natural forms

Re: Natural forms

Rodney, I didn't make a causal inference about the pins and trash but they were intentionally included in the frame. This image would have been interesting in color because the sprig of leaves intertwined with the squirrel's legs was a striking pale green color, the brightest object in the scene.

Jim, what part of the whale is that? I like the range of values in the dried matter that fills the frame.

Thad, is the Flicker mounted?

Eschatolized, The Flicker isn't mounted, but I did drag it inside and shoot it on a dark carpet. I meant for the carpet to be out of focus. The Bighorn Sheep skull was moved about three feet so it would be by the rib cage. I wouldn't have a problem with moving an alarm clock.

This has got to be the sickest thread since the one where some members tried to acclaim Jock Sturges as an artist (he had to be Michael Jacksons favourite photographer)!
    Pete.

Eschatologized, I apologize for putting the Flicker on this thread, it's not in the context of it's environment. I just like the incredible detail in it's male plumage.

Wow, did the male plumage do something for Pete?

No need to apologize. Where did you find it, though?

I hate to say, but the flicker was pecking a hole in the side of my house and therefore died of a certain kind of lead poison.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatologized View Post
    Rodney, I didn't make a causal inference about the pins and trash but they were intentionally included in the frame. This image would have been interesting in color because the sprig of leaves intertwined with the squirrel's legs was a striking pale green color, the brightest object in the scene.

Jim, what part of the whale is that? I like the range of values in the dried matter that fills the frame.

Thad, is the Flicker mounted?
    I had been doing a series of abstracts at Pebble Beach (not the golf course), and a whale had died and washed ashore (was about 20 feet long). There was no way to get the corpse off of the beach, so it lay there for months. After about 6 months of walking by it, I decided to take a closer look, and thought some of the shapes/textures would be interesting. This is an area about 4" wide (which means I was *real* close when shooting). The dried matter is the outer skin. the other is muscle/veins/etc ) What's funny, is I had a show and had this blown up to about 40x50". (since it was shot with the Betterlight, the detail held up fantastically to that size). Had a lot of attention paid to that image (was titled "Abstract, Pebble Beach" ), and received my compliments. The faces completely changed when I finally told that person what it was.

Found this in the basement... a gift from the photo-muse.