Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ansco 5x7 manual

Re: Ansco 5x7 manual

If you remove the block that the front slides back and forth against for front shift, the front will swing both ways. Admittedly the front is not as sturdy that way, so it is a compromise, but I found the front was good enough with this modification. If you want it rock solid you could always clamp it after making adjustments.

Re: Ansco 5x7 manual

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Crisp View Post
    The camera has one trick to it, though, and it is one that many, many people don't know about, leading to some gear stripping. The front rise on the camera is geared, which is a nice feature. I haven't had mine in 6+ years but I believe if you are behind the camera the geared rise knob is on the left. After you dial the rise up or down to suit you, the knob pushes in, which locks the front rise adjustment in position. People who don't realize this force the standard up or down and that can strip gears.
    Kevin,
    That sounds similar to what my Kodak 2D has except that it's opposite from what you
    describe, pull out to lock front rise and pushed in engages the gear rack for movement
    I would guess the Ansco would be similar since it resembles the Kodak 2D.