Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: View Camera Magazine - What Would You Like To See?

Re: View Camera Magazine - What Would You Like To See?

Monthly Sections for sure: Like 1) Alternative processing 2) Photography Books - mini review, recommendations, etc...3) Workshops and reviews 4) B & W Chemicals 5) B & W films 6) B & W Papers (perhaps combine, 4,5,&6 into one section).

7) Used Gear

8) New Gear Reviews and let MFR's respond!

9) Current photographers

10) Past photographers

11) Something old vs. something new

12) Manufacturer highlight section: Preview a manufacturer who is responsive to our needs.

13) Letters to the Editor / Readers Respond!

Something to look forward to each month, rather than gee, what will I get this month?

Also, I thought the soft focus lens article and the new rollei film article were not informative enough for me to form an opinion. So, don't be afraid to share opinion more boldly.....

Thanks for the opportunity to provide input.

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post
    Who?

steve simmons
    The three members of the Kleeblatt (Trifolium) group were Heinrich Kühn, Hugo Henneberg and Hans Watzek. I am aware of a couple of books showing Kühn's work, but haven't found anything on the other two. You might throw in Theodor and Oskar Hofmeister too. See Frizot's _A New History of Photography_, pp. 298-299. Usually we hear more about the British and American Pictorialists, and it seems that the Pictorialists of continental Europe have been neglected. The Kleeblatt group were developing and practicing multiple gum printing at the same time that Demachy and Puyo were doing gum printing with a single layer in France (or at least that is what I have read).

A new book has come out on the European Pictorialists by Phillip Prodger, entitled _Impressionist Camera: Pictorial Photography in Europe, 1888-1918_. He might be the right guy to approach about an article. Or Christian Peterson. Incidentally, has anybody bought that book, and if so, what is the quality of the reproductions?

Hello,

Personally, I would like to see articles and pics of camera makers, e.e. Ebony, Wista, Arca..

I would also like to see directories or reports on companies or individuals who can process and print 4x5 for someone like me who loves using and taking but haven't (at the moment) set up a darkroom.

How about articles on scanning - the hardware and settings to use?

Sorry to add also that in past issues I haven't found the photographs in the magazine to be that inspiring, can we have some more colour landscapes?

Regards

Steve

It would have been nice to have the Pyro article also mention the differences in scanning pyro vs non-staining developers. Considering that so many people scan their negs for output, that was a pretty serious omission.....unless of course I missed it somewhere in the article.

Tim...

That is hilarious...the first one you bought in ages, and the first one I didn't buy in ages!

Just goes to show you...

There was a question put to the panelists on scanning stained negs in the article.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Hello,

Sorry to add also that in past issues I haven't found the photographs in the magazine to be that inspiring, can we have some more colour landscapes?
    Interesting--I'm always thinking "let's have more monochrome portraiture and figure studies."

I am never going to win the what to put in contest

I just have to work for the best overall balance.

steve

Geos

I liked that article about LF archeological photography from way back when.

Perhaps you can find some old articles about photography from the 1800s and reprint them. In addition, there has to be some great expedition writing and photography hiding somewhere. Perhaps some stuff on Civil War photography, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post
    There was a question put to the panelists on scanning stained negs in the article.

steve
    Don't know how I missed it....but there it is.