Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water Panel

Re: Water Panel

Another vote for the Hass Intellifaucet, low flow version. I converted about 10 years ago from the Delta panel, and I couldn't be happier!

Should I go with a water panel such as a Delta, made by Cal Stainless, or by Leonard?

Or should I go the mixing valve/temp regulator route made by any of the above?

What are the differences between the two methods and their pros and cons?

Just out of curiosity, what will you be using the tempered water for?

When I built my current darkroom, 9 years ago, I left dedicated wall space for a water panel...I'm still waiting for a case where I need it in B&W processing with a Jobo.

Hi All: I think you'll notice the Rosy product is a self confessed shower value. That's what I had in my last darkroom. A pressure balanced rotary shower value (ask for a rough-in as you don't need the fancy trim kit and spigot). This was recommended to me by my plumber friend is employed at a large University. He said he always carried a spare value in his truck as he pointed out the fancy outfits always died on a weekend during a critical project. He also indicated the shower values never disappointed. I will be installing one in my new darkroom next week. KISS method and plumbing I can handle.

Cheers,
    Neil in Da Burg

Photographer

I have two -- both obtained at bargain prices. If you're patient you can probably find a good deal. Both are Powers. The one on the left is used for mixing solutions, and miscellaneous duties. The one on the right is used for print washers. It has a flowmeter attached, and two branches: one branch has a solenoid valve controlled by the Gra-Lab that will turn the print washer off based on the time set. Useful when my wife calls me for dinner!
    Keith Pitman

Buy the best and end the quest: Hass Intellifaucet. In dollars US, $545.00 not cheap but it will last a long time and save lots of grief over incorrect temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what will you be using the tempered water for?

When I built my current darkroom, 9 years ago, I left dedicated wall space for a water panel...I'm still waiting for a case where I need it in B&W processing with a Jobo.
    When I processed 4x5 in deep tanks using hangars, temperature control was critical for the wash water in particular. I'm one of those who likes to keep black-and-white processes within a half degree, having learned the hard way early on.

By the way, for American readers not familiar with one of the more confusing Britishisms: "Value" = "valve". The shower valve might be inexpensive, but if I was building a darkroom again, I'd spring for the better value of the Hass.

Rick "who learned that corresponding with friends from the UK about tuba valves" Denney

I just got a note from Dave Hass, that the current Hass D250 is capable of low flow right out of the box.

Check out my post #418 as well as post #502 of a different setup on this link:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...traits-11.html

Photographer

I had a Hass. It may have been defective, but it would not hold the temp, so I got rid of it. I've been very satisfied with the Powers units, even though they are "analogue." One came with my sink which cost me $400, plus a drive to Wyoming; the other I got for $50 and it was new and unused.
    Keith Pitman