Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A Small Survey Please ...

A Small Survey Please ...

I shoot corporate and use RB's and 4x5. Pleasure shooting, B/W and some color is done with my personal Linhof III and Bronica's. Alot of the B/ W is printed fiber but I always scan and archive both for work and play. I am in the (slowly) process of getting into platinum and Kallitypes but it is taking me longer than I want on those...

Old wooden 8x10 Deardorff. Bergger 200 film in ABC Pyro. Contact printing with AZO+Amidol, getting into Pt/Pd. NO DIGITAL!

5x7 and 8x10. B&W almost to exclusion. Shot on Arista film. Printed on Azo. Cheers, DJ.

Shoot B&W, Colour chrome and some neg, with 35mm, RB67 and my Graphic View II. I shoot some location commercial work for my day job, some freelance wedding and portraiture work, and to keep access to a studio and darkroom for personal work (people and still life) I am enrolled in a Continuing Ed photography prgramme at a local community college. I work as a production artist on a computer and when it comes to photography we are strictly slide to drum scanner to photoshop to Quark Express when building ads. Similarly with my personal work anything colour is now scanned (drum scanned for large outputs) and output on a lightjet. B&W is printed myself at the local community college darkroom. No digital capture yet.

graphic view II & crown graphic for 4x5 b&w, rolleiflex 3.5e for b&w; contax rx for b&w; do all my own darkroom work mostly 11x14 ilford warmtone fb; am very computer literate and at this point have no interest in digital photography; no professional need, no interest in spending more time staring into a monitor

4x5 and 8x10 black and white shot with either a modified Super Speed or a Wehman Field camera respectively, T-Max 400&100 and any outdated B&W flm I can buy cheap, printed on Seagull and Forte VC and souped in Dektol.

The above is paid for with a Day Job as a corporate staff Photog. Here I use digital capture exclusively....DCS-460, and spend a lot of time gazing into a monitor. Output to clients is mostly electronic.

Only 'traditional' B/W, 5x4, 6x12cm, 6x9cm. Films Delta 100, SFX200/120, 55P/N, 35mm Kodak IR. Developer Pyro. I use fibre and RC papers usually warm toned and all exhibition prints are selenium toned. I process and print all my own films a nd prints in my home dark room.

Regards,

Landscape on 4x5 transparency.

Color:

For rough proofs: scan on Heidelberg LinoScan 1450, Photoshop on Mac, print on Epson 1280. Soon to try some 3rd party inks.

For final work: drum scan by West Coast Imaging using Tango, Photoshop on Mac, print on LightJet (at Calypso).

B&W: scan color trans on LinoScan 1450, Photoshop channel mixer to B&W, print using PiezographyBW on Epson 1160 with CIS. Soon to try Polaroid Type 55.

No digital, 4x5 and some 8x10, strictly traditional processes. All personal work is B&W. Use scanner for scanning prints to make business cards, getting used to it so I can send prints by e-mail.

Regards,

I use real nice Crown Graphic with a 127mm Ektar (1961) mounted in a new Copal shutter. Gitzo 1359 CF with a 1370M head. I use Ilford HP5+, which I tray process in Ilfosol hunched over my bathtub at night. I make cyanotype contact proofs on my balcony with 4x4 Sunprint Kits and an old printing frame. I print on fiber papers only, Bregger and Agfa MC Classic using a rental darkroom in town. I plan to eventually move up to an 8x10 camera and contact print exclusively. I like the simplicity making contacts prints and look forward to exploring alternative processes. Digital image making just doesn't fascinate or inspire me like capturing light on film and paper.