Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Much Movement On Field Cameras?

How Much Movement On Field Cameras?

hi, Enrique The camera doesn't make the picture, I'm a beginner in LF an d I'd never used neither a Technika nor a Shen Hao, but if you grow weary in shooting with your Linhof, I'm sure you will find many good reasons to change it, And I'm sure your photos are going to be better with the new camera! Because pleasure is indissociable from shooting pictures, specialy in LF, as it's so long to set up all things. In that case, I think it's worth the money. Regards

i'm selling my technika V, because i've just bought a....technikardan S 45. I didn't have enought movements with my previous camera, i wasn't able to use a 55 with front rise (using a 6x7 back), but this is a specific case. the technika is a very good camera, but not friendl y with "short lens and movements" situation. if you want movement go for a technikardan S 45, arca F line, Sinar F2...otherwi se i'd stick with the technika.

Tautatis

Enrique,

It sounds to me you have not exploited you full creative capacity to the optimal level. I do not own a Technika - I own a Baby Speed Graphic and I have read amazing reviews about this camera. I find my Baby Speed very functional for what I do and you should push yourself a bit further in the exploitation of the camera. Most great photographers used worst cameras and yet produced timeless photographs. Go out and work harder with the camera and you'll enjoy it.

Adrian

A couple of non-technical thoughts: (1) Consider the economics of collectibles. The Techika has been in a recognized class by itself, relative to its purpose, for the half-century I've been a photographer. To my knowledge, no manufacturer of light-weight field cameras has similarly separated itself from its competitors. This may have an impact on long-term, proportionately-retained economic value. The Tech is an engineering/manufacturing masterpiece to a degree that few cameras are. (2) Functionally, the solid hand holdability of the Techika is a plus. One of my favorite pictures was taken, hand held, in 70 mph winds above Colorado's timberline. Since I spend a great deal of time in conditions that generally defeat view cameras, I appreciate one that lets me get at least a few shots in "impossible" conditions.

Best wishes.