Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Humor in Phography?

Humor in Phography?

I'm sorry. Once again, what was it about the no parking sign that you found confusing?

Toyo 5x7, 210mm Fujinon. Arista Professional film in Rodinal 1:50. Now if I could just type in the heading.
    Last edited by Michael Graves; 13-Sep-2009 at 06:43. Reason: Tpying eroror in Hdeaing
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Re: Humor in Phography?

OK so its not large format but for a parking shot it's not bad

Attachment 31063

get out of that...
    Last edited by percepts; 20-Jan-2010 at 20:21.

Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    OK so its not large format but for a parking shot it's not bad

Attachment 31063

get out of that...
    That one reminds of a time when I was stationed in Monterrey, CA. I saw a bunch of people crowded around a railing near the wharf, looking down into the water. I sidled on up to see what what was going on, and in about 20 feet of crystal clear water, a pickup truck was sitting on the bottom of the bay, perfectly sitting on all four wheels.

I said, "You know, considering how many empty spots there are in the lot, I don't think I would have chosen to park there."

The guy next to me said something unprintable and anatomically impossible, no matter how hard you try and l looked over at this guy. He was all dripping wet and looked like he was about to kill me. So I decided I'd seen enough.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Richard M. Coda

Not LF, but I was always amused by this one... taken while my wife and daughter were attending a performance of "The Phantom of the Opera" in NYC a few years back. I'm not a play person, so I bar hopped and walked around with my DSLR.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

Monterey is famous for wet cars. Remember the advertisement for Avis (or was it Hertz?) of Augie Pabst's rental car parked in the bottom of the swimming pool at Casa Munras?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Abuser of God's Sunlight

This one by Sternfeld is my all time favorite funny photo. The fact that it's 8x10 makes it even funnier. What was he doing there while all this unfolded?

Damn, it took me a minute to realize that's a firefighter browsing through the pumpkins. That's just great. And extra points for LF!

This one always gets me.
    Last edited by Colin Graham; 14-Jan-2010 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    .....What was he doing there while all this unfolded?

Just so you don't think Sternfeld lit the match to catch the shot, this was actually a pre-planned fire by this particular fire dept for training purposes. Sternfeld got the word, I guess, and he pulled a sensational photograph out of it. Very cool image indeed.

Hmmm,

It's kind of lost it's impact now you tell me it was staged. Until then I thought it was a great capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    I said, "You know, considering how many empty spots there are in the lot, I don't think I would have chosen to park there."

The guy next to me said something unprintable and anatomically impossible, no matter how hard you try and l looked over at this guy. He was all dripping wet and looked like he was about to kill me.
    Sounds like he was having a major sense of humour failure.

Light the blue touch paper and stand well back....