Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aero ektar 2,5 Lens and Studio Strobes, Is it Posible?

Re: Aero ektar 2,5 Lens and Studio Strobes, Is it Posible?

Hi Lambis.

You can only use the electronic flash on the Speed Graphic when the shutter is completely open. This is the case only when you use the T position. On every other speed there is a slith with various width running over the film plane. When using flash bulbs, the bulbs burn sufficiently long to be used on 1/1000 of a second. You can attach the cable release directly to the body release on the Speed Graphic. Make sure the body release is set to release the curtain, not the between the lens shutter. There is a switch on the shutter panel on the body, and it should thus be set to Back. Good luck!

Bjarte

By the way, www.skgrimes.com can surely mount the Aero Ektar to a #5 shutter.

Thanks to anyone.
    I have already order a Bi Polar cable and have asked AKgrimes for a shutter mount. Lets see what they will say. Is some wasy i feel more secure with a shutter as i am not 100% sure how acurate my focal plane shutter is but maybe i just worrie to much as everything is new for me :-)
    Lambis Stratoudakis
    www.apneaimages.com/blog

Keeping upgrade....

Got the bipolar cable and have tested Bjarte's technic and its work just as a dream. Sad i have not a scanner to show u folks some polas. I have mettering the light to 1/30 & 1/5 and i have not see a big diference in exposue, so i think my fingers are between 1/30 to 1/5 fast. Again works very good in T mode.

Still a shutter would be a great adition as i could use the lens to any camera but its so hard to find a Alphax shutter.
    Lambis Stratoudakis
    www.apneaimages.com/blog

Thanks Bjarte.
    SKgames told me that the Illex 5 works only frontmount , a solution not that good for me as i use always lens shades and filters.
    Lambis Stratoudakis
    www.apneaimages.com/blog

A friend of mine is fighting cancer. We did some photos on the eve of his therapy. These were shot with an open flash.

I had some trouble getting the flash to pop on this second one and the shutter was open for several seconds as you can see from the ghosting around his cheek and wrist.

Good luck with your friend's treatment. Even today, the chances for recovery aren't much better than even. Give him the support you can.