Hi. I'm doing this all backward, I think - I've had a 4x5 Chromega for almost 20 years, and 16x20 processing tubes for Cibachrome etc. etc...
But I always lusted after a good LF camera and didn't think I could afford it. I got a digital camera about 12 years ago and disliked it so much I kind of quit doing photography. Then just recently I found LF cameras on ebay, and actually accidentally purchased a Crown Graphic! Haha.
The irony is, I mostly like color, so I'll probably end up digitizing the film and ink-jet printing.

Anyway, this is an awesome forum, so full of great info! Thank you thank you thank you for this.

I actually have a question - Are quickload films still available, and do they work in a Crown Graphic? Do I have to buy a special holder to use it? And is it worth the extra cost, either in terms of ease of use or cleanliness?

Also, if you do color and don't want to do your own developing, do people mostly just mail films somewhere? Where is good? If I'm mailing do I care whether it's in California or across the country?