Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Texas

Random Pixel Generator

Re: Hello from Texas

Me either. Nor do I think film is dead.

Digital suits the "I need it now" mentality of today's world... I like LF for the same reason that I like going to Big Bend NP. I can get away from technology there.

Well... I guess I read wrong... I'm not going to show Rick anything. There's a surprise It was for a Polaroid 550 holder. Not 545.

Cool Re: Hello from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lloyd View Post
    I came to the same conclusion as the result of this thread. I don't mind playing with the last little bit of B&W Polaroid film that I have but I can't see spending $4.00 a sheet or more when all I need is a place to load and unload film.

Speaking of that. I found two different changing bags with significantly different cost.

Arista

and

Photoflex

The Photoflex unit isn't really a bag...

Do you have a recomendation?
    You want a Harrison changing tent. The middle size minimum. I have the Jumbo. Maybe overkill for 4x5, but it's nice to have room to spread out. The Jobo 3010 Expert tank and a bunch of holders fit nicely in the Jumbo.

Where the Harrison comes into it's own, is in a motel in the middle of nowhere or the back of your truck. Totally portable darkroom.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Big Bend

Welcome Michael! I'm down the road in San Antonio. If ya'll do a group shoot or anything give me a hollar.

Best
    Joe

Hello fellow San Antonion!! I'm in Converse.

Big Bend

Same to you Mike! I like to look for snakes off Woodlake Parkway (before it got too built up) and that road 1976 I think through converse. Let me know if you want to burn some film.

I can usually burn film most any weekend but my Canham is off to KB for a tune-up. Maybe a few of us can get together for a shoot-out soon. You in, Michael?

Random Pixel Generator

Thanks Joe... Mike, if my work and travel schedule will let me I would be glad to. As Wayne can attest, that is always a wildcard with me. I'm willing though.

Hopefully the weather will improve soon. I can't wait for cooler temps and enough rain to replenish the waters and bring more green back into the landscape. Maybe my camera will be back from it's tune-up by then.

Random Pixel Generator

Big Bend is amazingly green... hint hint. I'm tentatively planning a trip there but my 4x5 supplies might not get here before I leave. I am going to keep an eye on the wx there. I heard something about a hurricane crossing the Yucatan and then turning north. A lot of times that will drop a lot of rain upriver and then, like last year, the park experiences flooding. Even if that doesn't happen clouds tend to come in and mess up the light

Random Pixel Generator

I just added a link to my website (click my name). It's pretty eclectic... cluttered... whatever you want to call it. One of these days I'm going to get something useful up. Anyway... there's a Big Bend folder. It's in the recently added section. The first 20 or 30 images are from a trip that I took 3 years ago. The rest are recent.