Here's my current situation- I'm using a Bogen 3036 legset and 3039 head for all my 4x5 work. The setup is absolutely rock solid, but there are certain things I dislike about the head. One- I'm still not wild about the hex QR system. Two - I'm kind of tired of getting poked in the chest with those long handles. Thre e- I'm tired of catching every imaginable thing on those handles when working in tight quarters. And so the search begins again for a more workable solution. In the running this time around are the Arca B2, Bogen 3263 Gear Head, and perha ps the NPC Prohead. Of those three, I like the idea of the Arca the best, thoug h it costs the most and may be hard to get ahold of. The Arca and NPC heads hav e the added advantage of being able to mate directly with the rail of the Arca S wiss 4x5 I'm about to switch to. The Bogen has a unique QR system but the geari ng might be nice. I've done research but have not been able to find much feedba ck on any of these three heads. Nowadays the vast majority of the work I do in 4x5 is architecture, so most of the time I'm using the tripod head to level the camera and not a whole lot else. Occasionally, I'll do a shot at some funky ang le and exercise the head's range of movement a bit more, but not very often. An y thoughts on these heads would be greatly appreciated.