Thread: 11x14 Turner Reich

Smile 11x14 Turner Reich

Can anyone give me some information on this 11X14 Turner-Reich Anast F:7.5 Ser.II? What would this be worth? Thanks!

Re: 11x14 Turner Reich

does the shutter work? aperture? how is the rear element, does it show signs of balsam separation? glass condition? mounting flange?

the trouble with TR is they seem to have a bad rap. some were less than ideal. others are great. but because of the crap shoot people do not want to gamble to high on them. i have an 8x10 version that is an excellent performer. i got lucky.

a CLA will run about 125-150 including shipping both directions. with that said and knowing little else i would guess 100-200 if a CLA is needed....maybe a bit more depending on who is looking. if you shoot with it and it is a good one you will do better. if the shutter is running well you will do better...a flange helps as well.

try it first. if you want to buy it use the low numbers and to sell it use the higher ones...
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Big Negs Rock!

I have the 12/21/28 inch TR and really like it. I also have more modern lenses, but I really like this lens. I rarely use the 21 & 28 inch capability.

MW
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Bentz View Post
    Can anyone give me some information on this 11X14 Turner-Reich Anast F:7.5 Ser.II? What would this be worth? Thanks!
    Being a convertible that covers 11X14 it is definitely worth something as a user lens. It might even be worth re-mounting in a modern Copal if the glass is in real good condition.

Convertible TRs don't have as good a reputation as convertible Protars but for 11X14" negatives I think it would be plenty good enough.

Sandy King

This 11X14 lens is a 15" Ser.II lens, it has three diff focus length : 15"/24"/36".
    Recently, I received a Ser.III 11X14 lens, It's a 17" focus length with F:6.8

All Turner-Reich lens have 10 glass combined in 2 groups.