Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this sleezy, or what?

Re: Is this sleezy, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    both links now broken. Maybe ebay is in on it too.
    Not ebay, but time... Its over a year old.
    That's also what the Ozzie seller is using with his several user accounts to get back to 100% feedback.

So I'm flogging a horse that's been dead for a year. My bad I guess.

I might be wrong here

but my interpretation of the comment
    was that he is resurrecting an old account (over a year old)
    and the reason for doing that is because the negative feedback on that old account is time dated, and that feedback has now dropped off of the account, making it look better than it actually is...
    you can find my images on flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/feberdt/sets/

Jim, the first post is a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentX Oct 2010 View Post
    Dammit, I bought from Ocean_image and got destroyed.

I bought a 135mm heliar from him that came in a compur shutter missing an aperture blade. He sent another shutter, but this shutter couldn't take the aperture scale off the original shutter, and was missing the cable release block. SK Grimes took care of it for me, and O_I only sent me $35 back to cover part of the cost.

And I bought a Petzval from him as well. Unfortunately, I had no camera to test it on until today...just discovered it makes no discernible image at any focal length. Grrrrr.
    Guys, just because this thread started in the past doesn't mean anything. The current problem just appended to the OP. The above was just posted a couple days ago. The problem seller makes bad sales every month. This is one of many threads about this seller, under various names.

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    Guys, just because this thread started in the past doesn't mean anything. The current problem just appended to the OP. The above was just posted a couple days ago. The problem seller makes bad sales every month. This is one of many threads about this seller, under various names.
    Here's one I started about him also. I used to turn him in for the title spamming but after a while when nothing gets done, that seems pointless.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by John Schneider View Post
    "cameo_need_ham" is only the latest, as far as I can tell, persona of the same seller. Prior to that there was the infamous pak_harry194, and later ocean_image, cia_love_animal, claes_ms255, and chalen_in_eggbay.

One of my saved searches always brought up his listings (always the same presentation), so I continually had to update the search to block his latest ebay handle. None of these other handles has sold anything in a year or more, so it's entirely possible that he uses still another handle to buy things that he later hawks at silly prices.
    Just so you're aware, "ocean_image" is now back as "vintage_optics"….
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 617 View Post
    Just so you're aware, "ocean_image" is now back as "vintage_optics"….
    Thanks for the update. I've had good luck over the years on eBay, but I'm venturing into equipment I'm just now learning about. I know I've looked over all of this guy's stuff over the past month. I asked him a question or two and he couldn't seem to come up with answers I expected, so I didn't bid. A community like this one can go a long way to keep eveyone safer.

Kent in SD

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I've had good luck over the years on eBay, but I'm venturing into equipment I'm just now learning about. I know I've looked over all of this guy's stuff over the past month. I asked him a question or two and he couldn't seem to come up with answers I expected, so I didn't bid. A community like this one can go a long way to keep eveyone safer.

Kent in SD
    I have purchased a lens from this Seller (can't remember just which alias s/he was using), and it wasn't too bad (duplicitous description, but it works okay).

The thing that concerns me is this: what is causing the need to change names/sell under a different alias?

It seems that most Sellers want as many sales under one name to support their bona fides. Why dilute your presence?
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Because when you get a bunch of bad feedback, you can switch to another user name until a year later when they drop off the rating. That should tell you something.