Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone VI"Out Straight" 4x5 Negative Carrier

Zone VI"Out Straight" 4x5 Negative Carrier

Ahha! A 250W bulb coupled with long exposures puts a bit of a different complexion on things Andre. The negative may well 'pop' under those circumstances.Ever considered that a cold-cathode head might be a good investment?

So you admit you were wrong, Sean?

Re-read the quote Alec: "It had obviously been a custom one-off, probably made in a machine shop, possibly in the 30's."

I quoted directly from the opening letter in the Zone VI catalog for '95 - '96. Whether Fred or an employee of Calumet wrote it I don't know, but it is signed "Fred Picker"

Pointing out an error is not "touchy", but the tone of your reactions indicates you are. I have quoted the article directly. How is that not factual?

So petty, master sean. Quite beneath you. Have a good day. Hope I contributed to it!
    Alec

BTW, I have the Beseler 4X5 Negaflat. It does not put little holes in the negative. It has two clamps on opposite sides of the negative and the user gently applies tension on the negative via a lever. The amount of tension applied is up to the user. IMHO the best carrier for 4X5 negatives. Negatives are easy to clean when held in the carrier and even easier to remove dust particles.

Andre: In a noble effort to get this back on topic, may I suggest you post your question to Harry Taylor's site:

http://classic-enlargers.com/omega_toc.htm

He knows more about Omega enlargers than all the rest of us put together! Good source for all Omega users.
    Alec

Alec,

How is it that I qualify as petty when you accuse me of lying and threaten me that you "will be watching" me?

Beverly Hills, California

Mr. Andrews, yes that's one future possibility. But it's like, one has to face the reality that in 10-15 years, there will probably be irresistible digital capture and printing advances in the larger format that will make such an investment seem short sighted.

With the diffused tungsten lighting in my set-up, I have printed some silky B&W images as well an initial impressive batch of 8x10 Cibachromes using color Ilford sheet filters.

If I'm going to make a commitment further than a sheet of Anti Newton glass or perhaps a glassless neg carrier, yes, I would go all the way and consider what you're suggesting and/or do the quixotic thing and get a full Durst color 4x5.

Time for me to stop typing and get in the darkroom. Andre