View Poll Results: In your opinion how many shutterless lenses are there around the world?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • over 1 million

18 85.71%
  • under 1 million

3 14.29%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Slip on focal plane shutter

Re: Slip on focal plane shutter

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lee View Post
    I've seen only two types of shutters, the focal plane and the leaf, this isn't for sure a leaf shutter is it. Now what is misleading about " We want". Now prove to me it isn't more accurate over time than any spring powered shutter.
    Your guillotine shutter pases in front of a small diameter (28 mm) Ektar 203mm lens. Then you put it in front of a Nikon 90mm/4,5 lens with a diameter of 70 mm (2,5 longer diameter). The shutter falls on a 2,5 longer length to close. You would need to have 2,5x higher speed of the falling shutter to keep the same exposure time. You don't have that. Figure out yourself what it means in terms of exposure accuracy.

As for the rest - Littman seems to be a serious scientist in comparison with you...

GPS;
    'Matthew Brady used a shutter in 1850. This, like the Fizeau and Foucault unit was a "drop" or "guillotine" shutter,' Maybe Brady had only one lens and others in that era using the guillotine shutter. I have a wide variety of lenses from f/4.5 300mm front glass measuring 66mm to f/7 250 glass measuring 35mm, and on one occasion I ran a comparison test of six lenses in the same hour and used the same combination of exposures and for the love of me I could not tell an ounce of difference of exposure to the film. That is why that I have always stated the shutter has never failed me. You can take this subject as far as you want, but for me I think that history speak the loudest and my test has satisfied me and should be quite helpful to those who don't want to invest a small fortune is having their glass set in an expensive shutter. If the shutter isn't what is stated I will and have always said that we will gladly refund their money. Read again the listing. What more do you want man, blood!.....I heard that!

GPS;
    'Matthew Brady used a shutter in 1850. This, like the Fizeau and Foucault unit was a "drop" or "guillotine" shutter,' Maybe Brady had only one lens and others in that era using the guillotine shutter. I have a wide variety of lenses from f/4.5 300mm front glass measuring 66mm to f/7 250 glass measuring 35mm, and on one occasion I ran a comparison test of six lenses in the same hour and used the same combination of exposures and for the love of me I could not tell an ounce of difference of exposure to the film. That is why that I have always stated the shutter has never failed me. You can take this subject as far as you want, but for me I think that history speak the loudest and my test has satisfied me and should be quite helpful to those who don't want to invest a small fortune is having their glass set in an expensive shutter. If the shutter isn't what is stated I will and have always said that we will gladly refund their money. Read again the listing. What more do you want man, blood!.....I heard that!
    Ron, read again your listing - there is nothing about that you will "gladly refund their money". You start to invent more than just shutters...

GPS;
    Look at the "Return Policy" under the "Shipping and Payments" tab. Stated quite clearly. " 7 days after the buyer receives it Money back.
    It would be nice if you get your facts straight before making a bold statement. Could be cause for a liable suit for you some day if you aren't careful. But we here, of course, do not know that you are a person, just 3 letters of the alphabet.

If the shutter isn't what is stated I will and have always said that we will gladly refund their money. Read again the listing. What more do you want man, blood!.....I heard that!
    GPS;
    Look at the "Return Policy" under the "Shipping and Payments" tab. Stated quite clearly. " 7 days after the buyer receives it Money back.
    It would be nice if you get your facts straight before making a bold statement. Could be cause for a liable suit for you some day if you aren't careful. But we here, of course, do not know that you are a person, just 3 letters of the alphabet.
    Ron,
    read again your listing - nowhere, not even under the "Shipping and Payments" tab do you state that "we will gladly refund their money". Nowhere! You have never said that in your listing. It would be nice if you get your facts straight before making a bold statement...
    Indeed, you invent more than just shutters...

"Ron,
    read again your listing - nowhere, not even under the "Shipping and Payments" tab do you state that "we will gladly refund their money". Nowhere! You have never said that in your listing. It would be nice if you get your facts straight before making a bold statement...
    Indeed, you invent more than just shutters...

No where does this statement refer to my listing on the bay. The reference was to the ones who have made inquires about the product. I think it is time to end this childish game you are playing and I know without a doubt that you will have to have the last word so give it your best shot. Have a nice day.

GPS;
    If the shutter isn't what is stated I will and have always said that we will gladly refund their money. Read again the listing. ..
    "
    GPS "

No where does this statement refer to my listing on the bay. The reference was to the ones who have made inquires about the product.
    Ron,
    you gladly contradict yourself. Too bad for your inventing...

If we look at the situation of a slit moving down across the lens field of view at a small distance in front of the lens then such a slit will be imaged at the film plane as a blurred slit at least at the edges and if the slit is narrow enough it will be totally blurred depending on the size of the lens aperture. As the slit is moved further away from the lens two things happen. First a given sized slit is imaged smaller at the film plane and that slit will take longer to travel over the film plane assuming constant downward velocity in both cases. I think the light intensity and distribution will not change significantly within the slit as a function of distance from the lens. Of course the slit must in all cases cover the dimensions of the film. I believe, to a first approximation, that the longer slit travel time negates the the effect of the smaller slit size as one moves the assembly further from the front of the lens. IMHO then there may not be much exposure sensitivity to distance of the shutter from lens.

Other issues of quality, tilt and cost effectiveness can be reasonably debated.

Nate Potter, Washington DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    If we look at the situation of a slit moving down across the lens field of view at a small distance in front of the lens then such a slit will be imaged at the film plane as a blurred slit at least at the edges and if the slit is narrow enough it will be totally blurred depending on the size of the lens aperture. As the slit is moved further away from the lens two things happen. First a given sized slit is imaged smaller at the film plane and that slit will take longer to travel over the film plane assuming constant downward velocity in both cases. I think the light intensity and distribution will not change significantly within the slit as a function of distance from the lens. Of course the slit must in all cases cover the dimensions of the film. I believe, to a first approximation, that the longer slit travel time negates the the effect of the smaller slit size as one moves the assembly further from the front of the lens. IMHO then there may not be much exposure sensitivity to distance of the shutter from lens.

Other issues of quality, tilt and cost effectiveness can be reasonably debated.

Nate Potter, Washington DC.
    Nathan did you try the experiment that I suggested, taking a dark stiff board and cut a small slit across it and pass it across the front of your lens, Try a 1mm slit (the smallest of my settings) and see for yourself what is happening. You may want to place it stationary somewhere across your lens and view you focus screen with your loop, then you can be assured of what is projected onto your film. A simple test of my shutter's qualifications. The shutter that we build does cover the lens glass and then some to make sure it doesn't retard the projected image.
    Gentlemen, I had no intent to sell anything on this forum other than my integrity. Most of my post have been to defend the validity of my product. Some have even dragged ebay into the equation> My intent was merely to inform the readers here that there was an alternative means to an end concerning shutters, just another option. My email reference was to answer additional questions that they might have.
    I don't need the money, but think that anyone should be rewarded for his labors. I am a retired land surveyor and my financial status is well cared for. I would like to be know as someone who cared. I know that I may have been rude at times, but sometimes it takes rudeness to get someones attention. I've been called everything except a milk cow on this forum and just waiting for that too. Guys, I have even offered a shutter for testing but was refused, and that leads me to think that some of you may sincerely enjoy ridicule. I was taught as a child to give someone a chance, but times have changed haven't they.

Thanks Van Camper, for the advice. I really appreciate your approach. Straight to the point. No more will be said about the *******.