Page 90 of 404 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: post alternative techniques

Re: post alternative techniques

Hi Sly!

It was a pleasure to meet you and to see your beautiful and inspiring work. I'm back in Alaska, and won't be home for two more weeks! I'm dying to do some printing.

Vaughn's workshop was great, the participants were warm and friendly and talented, and Vancouver is a beautiful city. Thanks to Dave and Pete, too; it wouldn't have been the same without the plate burner.

If Julia can flatten my prints well enough to scan them, I'll post my fledgling efforts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Thanks Tri. Everyone certainly enjoyed the workshop. Your work was mentioned a few times with great admiration. It is a great pity that I'm not likely to see other carbon prints in the hand very often. The digital image just can't capture it.
    Hi Sly,

Glad you enjoyed your workshop with Vaughn.

I am going to be on Gabriola Island for about a week in late July/early August. Let me know if you would like to meet up.

Will probably have some prints with me to show, but not totally sure since Tofino Air does not allow much luggage from Vancouver to Silva Bay so we have to pack very carefully.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Hi Sandy - would love to meet up when you're here. We'll be doing some camping this summer, but it will be a few short 3-4 day trips.
    I've heard so much about your work and your talent. It would be an honour to see one of your prints in the the hand. I know a pilot at Tofino Air - maybe I can wrangle you a little leeway??

Hi Sandy - would love to meet up when you're here. We'll be doing some camping this summer, but it will be a few short 3-4 day trips.
    I've heard so much about your work and your talent. It would be an honour to see one of your prints in the the hand. I know a pilot at Tofino Air - maybe I can wrangle you a little leeway??
    Sounds great. Send me a pm, with your email address so we can establish contact information. As I recall we arrive on Gabriola July 28, and leave either August 5 or 6. We have commitments a couple of days, but also some free time so we could probably find a way to get together, either at Nanaimo or on Gabriola, if you are around at the time.

You may feel isolated from the photographic world, but you live in a beautiful place.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Sly, you are a lucky man. Sandy is a great photographer, teacher and carbon printing master. You will have fun and be sure to bring a sponge so you can soak up everything.

Jim,

Thanks for the generous words.

But I think we carbon printers are just having way too much fun!

Sandy

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Sandy, I know that you, Vaughn, Tri and I are. The rest I don't know!!

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Thanks Tri. Everyone certainly enjoyed the workshop. Your work was mentioned a few times with great admiration. It is a great pity that I'm not likely to see other carbon prints in the hand very often. The digital image just can't capture it.
    Thanks Sly. That's a great honor for me. The digital image can't show off the Carbon Print as we all know. I hope we will meet some day, some where in Vancouver. I have never been to the West side of the country, although I'm a French Canadian from Montreal but now I'm on the American side . My cousin has a Gallery and frame business in Surrey, let me know if you need a place to display your work.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Sandy, I know that you, Vaughn, Tri and I are. The rest I don't know!!
    Hi Sandy, Jim
    As we all know Carbon transfer process is very addictive and fascinating. I make it everyday and even during my sleep. Here's how I'm doing it: I sensitized the tissue at night and exposed it in the morning, right before I go to work. I enjoy this work flow through out the day because I know when I get back I can develope and enjoy the print. The more you print, the more you learn. The more you learn, more prints to make mistakes in that you can learn from

Jay, very much enjoyed meeting you too. It was a great group of people. I won't feel so lonely now. Imagine, I have a chance to meet the legendary Sandy King, too!

Jim, thanks for the suggestion about the sponge, I'll bring a few. The trans thing has never interested me, so I'm afraid I'll never be a lucky man.