Page 69 of 404 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: post alternative techniques

Re: post alternative techniques

I went to see Tri this Friday just so I can take a real look at that 20x24 carbon transfer. I was almost speechless! I had seen his 11x14 carbon prints and thought they were impressive and even traded a lens for one of them, but to see that 20x24 print with that huge mass of relief at certain angle, it's really something. The ultimate in print making, I told Tri. Someday I have to learn it! On his wall, there hanging a framed carbon transfer by Jim, that was a beauty to behold as well.

Thanks Tri for this feast of my eyes!

Scott Davis

Gum (burnt sienna) over Ziatype. Rives BFK.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    I went to see Tri this Friday just so I can take a real look at that 20x24 carbon transfer. I was almost speechless! I had seen his 11x14 carbon prints and thought they were impressive and even traded a lens for one of them, but to see that 20x24 print with that huge mass of relief at certain angle, it's really something. The ultimate in print making, I told Tri. Someday I have to learn it! On his wall, there hanging a framed carbon transfer by Jim, that was a beauty to behold as well.

Thanks Tri for this feast of my eyes!
    Hugo, looks like we need to get together the three of us and show you the magic! I can't wait to see Tri's 20x24 carbon print. It is a wonderful accomplishment. Transferring a carbon print that big is a challenge so Bravo Tri! Tri was committed to the process from the start and understood what I told him it took to become a good carbon printer and in a short period of time and with great commitment he is producing some amazing prints.

Jim

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Hi Hugo,
    Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your 11x14 Carbon print. The process required time, patience ... a lot of patience and being comitted to it. Lets plan some time off during the Holiday season to get together with Jim so we can walk you throught the process
    Jim. Thanks for the encouragement. How did the workshop go? I will send you the invitation soon.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    Hi Hugo,
    Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your 11x14 Carbon print. The process required time, patience ... a lot of patience and being comitted to it. Lets plan some time off during the Holiday season to get together with Jim so we can walk you throught the process
    Jim. Thanks for the encouragement. How did the workshop go? I will send you the invitation soon.
    Tri, yes we should set some time aside to get together over the holiday break. I just sent my student home with .... get this 10 carbon transfer prints! First day I took him through the whole process making glop and all and did 4 prints. Today a review of the process and 6 prints. All of them keepers! My student was very, very pleased. Made me feel good too. Nice to be able to work with different imagery. He had some great stuff from the White Mountains.

Jim

I was scanning these for possible entry in a show. Don't think I've had them on here before.
    Taken on a blazing July day, at noon. FP+ in the Crown Graphic. First time I tried semistand developing with LF negs.

Na2 Platinum prints on Cot320

I like them!

My first use of Rollo Pyro.
    Korona 8x10, Schneider 240/420 convertible lens
    Platinum print
    My spouse - who didn't want to pose for ANOTHER photo.

Recent Carbon Transfer print. Building on Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC.